db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
The 2000/week comment likely includes China production.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The 2000/week comment likely includes China production.
Don‘t think so.

You know in our Cuautitlan facility today where we make the Mach E? We make about 2,000 Mach Es a week…. Demand clearly exceeds that and when we change over our plant next year we will accelerate very quickly to about 4,000 per week.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
They are not “rumors” of a second Mach-E line.
Ford’s original plan for Cuautitlan was for it to have 2 production lines.
1. Mach-E
2. Lightning

When Mach-E and Lightning demand was much higher than expected, they changed that plan. The Lightning production moved to another dedicated plant so they could use that second production line to double Mach-E output. As a result they will have a dedicated Mach-E plant and a dedicated Mach-E plant instead of splitting Cuautitlan between the two.

I want to say they announced that at the end of 2021 or beginning of 2022.
And when did they announce the startup date for the "second Line" at Cuautitlan and what the MME monthly production goal would be? (Article is about "underutilized capacity" and does not mention the role of parts availability.)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Current Mach-E production rate = 2,000 per week. Ramps up to 4,000/week next year. 1659201190129

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
They will have no issues accelerating to 200k if they can solve the supply chain issues next year.
Totally. And I will have no issues accelerating to peak physical condition, if I can solve the 'lazy couch potato' issue next year.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
And when did they announce the startup date for the "second Line" at Cuautitlan and what the MME monthly production goal would be? (Article is about "underutilized capacity" and does not mention the role of parts availability.)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Current Mach-E production rate = 2,000 per week. Ramps up to 4,000/week next year. 1659201190129
The most recent statement from Ford was in the article referenced earlier.
The representative from Ford said “next year”.
Now, in the car business, that could mean:
- Next model year (2023 in this case)
- Next calendar year
- Next fiscal year (April 1, 2023)

2023 Mach-E production was previously stated as end of October or beginning of November. I think someone here mentioned it may have slipped by a week.
I would think that the second line may start production sometime between when the 2023’s start and the beginning of calendar year 2023.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I've concluded that this thread has no bearing on the 202MY production. It may have some relevance to those orders that get "carried over" and to 2023MY ordering (opens 25 Aug).
I was buoyed by Farley's commitment of Ford to increasing EV production, solving the microchip supply problem, new plants, even the new EV Division. None of this has helped with my own MME order (which is currently scheduled to be built 41 weeks after ordering, delivery ETA 11 months after ordering.) I suppose such "management" opinions matter more to stockholders than those with pending orders. (Not a F stockholder, just a wannabe end user.)
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/⏰-mach-e-scheduling-next-week-7-25-for-build-weeks-9-5-through-9-26.19913/post-475479

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Totally. And I will have no issues accelerating to peak physical condition, if I can solve the 'lazy couch potato' issue next year.
You might have a good future as a standup comedian if whatever line of work you’re in gets impacted by next year’s recession. Super envious.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Well, either Ford CEO Jim Farley is living in LA-La Land, or he happens to know more about running Ford than we do.

This is what he is saying today, July 31.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/31/for...ns-for-automakers-electric-vehicle-shift.html

• Analysts have questioned whether Ford’s plan to profitably build 2 million electric vehicles annually by 2026 is realistic, given tight supplies of batteries and skyrocketing mineral prices.
  • CEO Jim Farley dropped some hints about Ford’s plan to meet its goals during Ford’s earnings call this past week.
Ford addressed some of those concerns in another presentation on July 21, when it told investors that it has secured enough batteries to get to its near-term target: 600,000 EVs per year by the end of 2023. As of now, it said, it has secured about 70% of what it needs to hit its 2026 goal.
That would be a rate of 50,000 EV's per month, no?

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag

shelnian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I find it hard to believe Ford can deliver the ramped up number of vehicles based on forum posts, and my experience, that cars sit for weeks at depots because transporters don't have the recourses to deliver what they are now getting to dealers. Depots only have so much room, so that will back up the whole system.

desallesp

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select - Comfort Technology
Country flag
I find it hard to believe Ford can deliver the ramped up number of vehicles based on forum posts, and my experience, that cars sit for weeks at depots because transporters don't have the recourses to deliver what they are now getting to dealers. Depots only have so much room, so that will back up the whole system.
I agree and also on the other hand I think it could possibly be very good as well. More demand in the transportation industry... then more jobs and because of that demand maybe even higher wages for those jobs.... Who knows... I guess it's a positive spin to it

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
How many are being built in China?
Believe they are for Chinese market only. First half of 2022 they sold less than 3600, so not many. Also don't know whether they plan to export out. Chinese market competition is so strong, MME is and will have hard time there.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag