Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I bought the WeatherTech Sun Shade, its supposed to be here on Wednesday.

Never liked the idea of the roll up type sun shades, I've always used the ones that kind of fold up in sections. I've always heard good things about the Weathertech shades so figured I'd give it a shot.

https://www.weathertech.com/ford/2021/mustang-mach-e/sunshade/

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So received the WeatherTech shade today, can't say I'm impressed with it at all. It has a major over hang to the right side of the window, and a little bit of a under hang on the left side. While the cut out for the camera/mirror and such in the middle is lined up perfectly.

Does not really look like a "custom" cut shade. Its also almost as annoying as I had pictured a roll up shade, kind of wish I had gone with the old school folding ones like I had in my F150.

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
So received the WeatherTech shade today, can't say I'm impressed with it at all. It has a major over hang to the right side of the window, and a little bit of a under hang on the left side. While the cut out for the camera/mirror and such in the middle is lined up perfectly.

Does not really look like a "custom" cut shade. Its also almost as annoying as I had pictured a roll up shade, kind of wish I had gone with the old school folding ones like I had in my F150.
I have a heatshield.com sunshade. It is a custom fit, held in by its exact fit. We know the owners, so I am not unbiased

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
I have a heatshield.com sunshade. It is a custom fit, held in by its exact fit. We know the owners, so I am not unbiased
I don't know the owners but I also have a heatshield. I bought one for the MME after using it for years in my Bolt. Perfect fit and holds itself up but I still use the visors. I also like that it's more flexible than the accordion styles since I have to bend it around my dash cam.

lbj

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER Infinite Blue Metallic
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I don't know the owners but I also have a heatshield. I bought one for the MME after using it for years in my Bolt. Perfect fit and holds itself up but I still use the visors. I also like that it's more flexible than the accordion styles since I have to bend it around my dash cam.
Put me down as another happy Heatshield owner. I live about 2 miles away from their place, so I just ordered and picked it up :) I had one for my previous vehicle (2009 Honda Civic) and it is still going strong for the new owner.

prostang

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1968 Ford Mustang (tubbed), 2015 F-350 Superduty
Country flag
Are the HeatShield ones hard to store/fold? My wife is hesitant b/c of our experiences w/ the generic-accordion ones.
Sponsored