schaffer9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The picture of the panoramic roof shade accessory on the Ford website doesn't make it clear as to what its top & bottom faces look like, or how to install it. And what keeps it in-place after installation? If anyone has bought one, please let me know.
Sponsored

TuxToaster

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue MME Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I don't have the one from Ford since that wasn't a thing at the time, so I bought the one from Tesmanian.

They look very similar though. Assuming it's the same idea, the shade has a flexible wire frame in it that causes it to fold out to the shape of the roof opening. There are 8-10 plastic clips that you fit onto the frame, they have a flat base that slips between the headliner and glass to hold the frame up.

The main shade is a partially see through mesh material, similar to the sun shades with suction cups that you can put on a window to keep sun out of a baby's eyes. If you want more shade, there is a separate piece that they describe as reflective on the product page. It's basically a polyester sheet (think like a rain jacket material), one side is a silver color and the other is black. Before you install the shade, you lay it across the top of the shade, silver side up, and it has elastic bands on each corner to hold it in place. It blocks all light coming through so the top will just look black.

Again, this is based on the one I have, but judging by the description Ford has and the look, they should be very similar. I can't vouch for the quality of theirs, but the Tesmanian one is awesome. Great quality, fits perfectly with no gaps. Happy to take some pictures and post them if I didn't describe well enough :)

TuxToaster

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue MME Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Actually just remembered that @Benjamin Kegele did a video on the Tesmanian one as well, and shows it probably better than I could in a couple pictures.

OP
OP

schaffer9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Very helpful. Thanks!

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
The picture of the panoramic roof shade accessory on the Ford website doesn't make it clear as to what its top & bottom faces look like, or how to install it. And what keeps it in-place after installation? If anyone has bought one, please let me know.
I just bought one with my FordPass app points and it just have 2 sliding tabs in the front and back end and they slip in. Seems to hold just fine for me.
Sponsored