Ford Mustang Mach-E Glass Roof Sunshade

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
Ordering the shade today. On a drive down the West Coast on a sunny day, the sun was just at the right point in the sky to shine past my sunglasses. I found myself constantly leaning forward to keep the sun off my head. I recently rented a Model X for a week, and really didn't like the glass roof, or its sun visor that could double as a g-string. Thanks for the reviews on the sun shade.

OP
OP
TheSteelRider

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Here it is, installed. It is very easy to install, just put on 6 clips and insert them under the headliner. As you can see in the pics below, I chose a sunny, cloudless day to compare with and without the sunshade. I tend to be light-sensitive, so if you have any amount of light sensitivity, this shade cuts down on the brightness. As far as heat, I didn't necessarily notice a profound difference ... when I put my hand on the shade after an hour in the sun, it does feel noticeably warm to the touch, so it clearly is helping to block heat. That said, the IRR glass roof itself I've noticed is already really good at blocking heat. I am definitely a satisfied customer, and I do think $90 (I pre-ordered and got 10% off) is a fair price for what you get.
Now that it has been a year on I wanted to give an update. Since my original post, our sunshade has been constantly installed. E.g., we have left it up and have not removed it, even over the winter. It is still working great, no sags, no issues. I'm still very satisfied with the purchase.

EddieHaskell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Database Developer
Country flag
Have it, have had it for a year. I added additional support clips, but I love be my Tasmanian sun shade.

pacman7474

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I've seen at least one with a magnet (or something) to keep the middle from sagging. Does this shade have that problem?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
For those who have this shade, and also have a gray interior, would you have ordered a unit that is gray to match the interior pillar and headliner color?

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've seen at least one with a magnet (or something) to keep the middle from sagging. Does this shade have that problem?
Mine came with two magnets, and I do use them.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
And it came with magnets? I assume one would stick to the "roof" and the other connects with the shade between them?
Yes, there are thin metal buttons that stick to the glass, then you place the magnets after installing the shade. There are plastic clips along the edges. The magnets are slightly larger than a quarter.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Yes, there are thin metal buttons that stick to the glass, then you place the magnets after installing the shade. There are plastic clips along the edges. The magnets are slightly larger than a quarter.
I unpacked the shade and had a small bag with clips, but no magnets. I need the magnets to fix the center sag.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I unpacked the shade and had a small bag with clips, but no magnets. I need the magnets to fix the center sag.
I got mine last year, maybe they quit supplying them. I would think you could find something at a hardware store to make your own.

MWJunior

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium
Occupation
retired commercial photographer
Country flag