Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There are reports of Mach E owners sustaining considerable damage because the tow truck driver did not know how to tow a Mach E. Ford publishes a guide available to tow compnies, but not part of the Mach E owners manual. 2021-Wrecker-Towing-Guide-MCS-5716(10).pdf . It has detailed towing information on several pages. I hope it is a help to you. You might print it and keep a copy in your car.
Sponsored

Attachments

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
There are reports of Mach E owners sustaining considerable damage because the tow truck driver did not know how to tow a Mach E. Ford publishes a guide available to tow compnies, but not part of the Mach E owners manual. 2021-Wrecker-Towing-Guide-MCS-5716(10).pdf . It has detailed towing information on several pages. I hope it is a help to you. You might print it and keep a copy in your car.
Never tow any EV... Always flat bed. That's rule #1.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Never tow any EV... Always flat bed. That's rule #1.
interesting that the manual shows a winch point (#1) in the front-middle.... other than that, just wheel tie-down is recommended.

I just took a look, and there is nothing obvious in the front for a wrecker to attach a winch hook. I shudder to think that what they would probably do is chain around the front suspension arms!

I my case, I have added a rear hitch receiver, which does have safety chain loops that would make it pretty easy to winch from the back.... but it might be a good 'next model' addition to provide a tow hook in the front. Perhaps behind the louvers or a snap-off panel in the front bumper cover.

WinchPoint.JPG

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
interesting that the manual shows a winch point (#1) in the front-middle.... other than that, just wheel tie-down is recommended.

I just took a look, and there is nothing obvious in the front for a wrecker to attach a winch hook. I shudder to think that what they would probably do is chain around the front suspension arms!

I my case, I have added a rear hitch receiver, which does have safety chain loops that would make it pretty easy to winch from the back.... but it might be a good 'next model' addition to provide a tow hook in the front. Perhaps behind the louvers or a snap-off panel in the front bumper cover.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Danger- if your Mach E needs towing- no towing hooks on your car WinchPoint.JPG
I wonder what that winch spot could actually be referring to?

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
1 and 6 are not approve for towing. 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 are approved for towing.

Last edited:

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
The spot they take to put car on flatbed is the issue.
I'm sure during a high level meeting at Ford with all the engineers gathered, an executive said "there will never be a need to tow or service a Mustang Mach E.... I have Sandy Munro's word on that., that's why the 12v battery is under two different panels with 157 snaps to hold it down....." ???

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I wonder what that winch spot could actually be referring to?
I dunno what 'spot 1' is.... I just looked, and there is NUTHIN visible under the front middle within arm's reach that looks like a good place for a tow to attach a winch hook. I'm thinking I might add this to my list for a DIY mod.

In my case I've got a hook loop available on the back with my hitch, but it would be nice to have one on the front if an when ever needed.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Fixed //1 and 6 are not approve for towing. 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 are approved for towing.

Last edited:

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
There are holes in the bottom of all four arms so felicitate in attachment of the tow hook.
I would have a big discussion with anybody yanking on my suspension.... I doubt that's what those holes are for.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
OK I am reading the diagram differently. The ovals next to the number 1 appear to be the winch points to me. Looking back at Munro’s video of the front suspension, there is a hole in the frame at this location. I assume the hole is on both sides, but I didn‘t look at the who video again to confirm.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Danger- if your Mach E needs towing- no towing hooks on your car CB156EF2-1B9B-44A5-B995-8FFFB015461B
Sponsored