How to Escape Your Car If the Electronic Door Release Fails ???

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
I saw the article below in Consumer Reports today. It lists the MachE as a car that has this emergency latch release.

How to Escape Your Car If the Electronic Door Release Fails - Consumer Reports

" Other vehicles—including the Audi E-Tron, Chevrolet Corvette, Ford Mustang Mach-E, Lexus NX, and the discontinued Lincoln Continental—also make use of electronic door releases. They also all have some sort of manual release mechanism that may not be immediately apparent. "

I don't happen to be at home with the car today and only have a PDF version of the manual with me but I've tried searching for this topic in the manual and came up empty. Does anyone have any information on how to access these emergency door releases?
Sponsored

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I had to laugh at this line in the article:

Yeah, if only one could climb up into the front seats of the vehicle to escape. If only...
I'd rather die than to have to unceremoniously climb like some sort of animal 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Having said that, it's always good to have all doors be usable in case of emergency, especially if the front exit is blocked for any reason.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
The arm rest isn’t a step!
* me every time my kid tries to ‘adjust the music’ from the back seat.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
I'd rather die than to have to unceremoniously climb like some sort of animal 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Having said that, it's always good to have all doors be usable in case of emergency, especially if the front exit is blocked for any reason.
Or even better would be automakers getting over their obsession with constantly adding unnecessary tech to replace perfectly functioning mechanical systems. Morons, the lot of them.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Or even better would be automakers getting over their obsession with constantly adding unnecessary tech to replace perfectly functioning mechanical systems. Morons, the lot of them.
I'm the kind of guy who loves tech - especially unnecessary ones 🤣. But safety-critical systems, such as f-ing doors, should always have a mechanical fallback that's easy to reach and use (looking at you, Tesla Model 3). And also with Tesla: I don't want to get yelled at for using the LARGE and in-your-face mechanical release system for the front doors, instead of a stupid tiny button.

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm the kind of guy who loves tech - especially unnecessary ones 🤣. But safety-critical systems, such as f-ing doors, should always have a mechanical fallback that's easy to reach and use (looking at you, Tesla Model 3). And also with Tesla: I don't want to get yelled at for using the LARGE and in-your-face mechanical release system for the front doors, instead of a stupid tiny button.
Exactly. I'm sure on the next version of Teslas they have to go into the menu on the screen to open the doors 🤣

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Exactly. I'm sure on the next version of Teslas they have to go into the menu on the screen to open the doors 🤣
See? No more ugly button! Elon will be elated! 🤪🐩

The front doors have a manual latch release, pull the lever all the way back and it is actually the mechanical release
As an old dog, I tend to pull the lever all the way back anyhow. 🤷‍♂️🐩

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
So you can see how much fun it is when someone has accidentally turned on the child lock and you happen to be home alone. Don’t ask how I know…
same - in the dealer lot when inspecting the car on purchase. 😏