Kennykustom

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium awd lr
Country flag
Ok, but really. I use PAAK and has been great. Sometimes if i quick run into the store, i leave the kids in the car ( old enough ) Whats the best way to do this, so the alarm doesnt trigger ? Leave the phone in the car ? Any other ways ?
Sponsored

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
Turn on the option to ask you how much of the alarm you want to arm each time you shut down the car.
When you shut down the car, select only perimeter sensors.
Get out and lock the car.
If climate is needed, remote start car.

At least that's how it works in my '17 coupe.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Turn on the option to ask you how much of the alarm you want to arm each time you shut down the car.
When you shut down the car, select only perimeter sensors.
Get out and lock the car.
If climate is needed, remote start car.

At least that's how it works in my '17 coupe.
If only it was that easy. In all seriousness, just don't lock the car. Then the alarm won't be set.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
you can disable the motion sensor in Sync, although there's a very long standing bug in that it won't necessarily remember that setting but instead will prompt each time even when you've told it not to. Just be sure to wait for the prompt and disable the motion sensors for that time. Do it a lot with a doggo, no problemo.

you could also just carry the keyfob in a Faraday bag (search the forum or your favorite online retailer) in the glove compartment and take it out when you need to... you can then leave the car "running" with full climate control. because there's no Tesla-style "pet mode", I suggest putting something up in the Sketch/Notes app that says the A/C or heat is on in case someone looks in.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That only works for some people and only some of the time.
🤷 as long as I wait for it to come up and disable when prompted, it works 100% of the time for me. The bug is that it shouldn't be asking at all, it should permanently be disabled (or enabled, depending on how it's set) without asking if you've told it not to ask. This has been true and consistent for me since literally I took delivery of my Job 1 vehicle and hasn't changed with any updates up to and including 2.5.3.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
🤷 as long as I wait for it to come up and disable when prompted, it works 100% of the time for me. The bug is that it shouldn't be asking at all, it should permanently be disabled (or enabled, depending on how it's set) without asking if you've told it not to ask. This has been true and consistent for me since literally I took delivery of my Job 1 vehicle and hasn't changed with any updates up to and including 2.5.3.
Yeah, the bug is different for different people. For me, I have the asking disabled and it never asks. But if I do enable asking, and I choose to disable the motion sensor when prompted, it re-enables itself after a few minutes. I'm fine with that since I don't have pets and don't use walk-away lock. I prefer that it never asks, so I'll take it.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yeah, the bug is different for different people. For me, I have the asking disabled and it never asks. But if I do enable asking, and I choose to disable the motion sensor when prompted, it re-enables itself after a few minutes. I'm fine with that since I don't have pets and don't use walk-away lock. I prefer that it never asks, so I'll take it.
I forget, do you use profiles, or are you one of the "nope, too buggy, I never use them" folks? I do use them (although tbh I probably could go without them; but I look at it as "they are there, they should work") and wonder if that's related to the different behavior.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I forget, do you use profiles, or are you one of the "nope, too buggy, I never use them" folks? I do use them (although tbh I probably could go without them; but I look at it as "they are there, they should work") and wonder if that's related to the different behavior.
I do use profiles. They work fine for me most of the time.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
If you have a Job 1 car, just put them in the frunk.
This is outrageous. That @generaltso suggests that putting kids in the frunk is acceptable is OUTRAGEOUS!

Everyone knows that before doing this, you need to use duct tape to tape them into the frunk and then close the lid...

Please do not post incomplete instructions again!

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to lock your kids in the car ? baby_duct_tape_wall

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to lock your kids in the car ? duct-tape-boy

OP
OP

Kennykustom

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium awd lr
Country flag
I use profiles.
Sat, i did select to turn off the motion sensors. But after 5 mins i got an alarm notification.
I would not leave them unless i can lock the car.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is outrageous. That @generaltso suggests that putting kids in the frunk is acceptable is OUTRAGEOUS!

Everyone knows that before doing this, you need to use duct tape to tape them into the frunk and then close the lid...

Please do not post incomplete instructions again!
Duct tape is only necessary for Job 2 cars.
Sponsored