PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
I wonder if that would work with the car and climate left on. That would be our version of “dog mode”
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm still using walkaway lock because I love that feature when away from home, but yeah, it badly needs a GPS home location exempt option. Sick of it constantly clicking/blinking every time I go into the garage for something else. Afraid I'm gonna burn something out.

It also needs a chirp sound (rather than the too-loud and obnoxious horn).

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
I'm still using walkaway lock because I love that feature when away from home, but yeah, it badly needs a GPS home location exempt option. Sick of it constantly clicking/blinking every time I go into the garage for something else. Afraid I'm gonna burn something out.

Tesla has that, so hoping Ford can do it via an OTA update pretty soon.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla has that, so hoping Ford can do it via an OTA update pretty soon.
Especially since they already have the home location coding built, for the charging scheduler.

Reactions: Nav

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I find walkaway lock to be inconstant. many times I walk away and it doesn't lock. Anyone else having this issue?

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
I know my VW drivers lock button won’t work if the door is open (prevents locking your dumb key in). If you hit the lock button on the fob it will stay silent until all the doors are closed then lock and honk. I absolutely love that feature, my 4runner just yells at you (long beep) if you hit the lock on the fob with a door open- Soo annoying.

Does the MME let you roll the Windows up and down with the fob? That’s also one of my favorite feature of VW. The 4runner only lets you roll them down, not up.

wings2063

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT-Line /Mache Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired
I find walkaway lock to be inconstant. many times I walk away and it doesn't lock. Anyone else having this issue?
Yes, I walked away yesterday and it failed to lock. This is not the first time and I was at least 500 feet away.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know my VW drivers lock button won’t work if the door is open (prevents locking your dumb key in). If you hit the lock button on the fob it will stay silent until all the doors are closed then lock and honk. I absolutely love that feature, my 4runner just yells at you (long beep) if you hit the lock on the fob with a door open- Soo annoying.

Does the MME let you roll the Windows up and down with the fob? That’s also one of my favorite feature of VW. The 4runner only lets you roll them down, not up.
yes and through the PAAK you can as well

Hollygangle

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Maybe I'm late to this party, so forgive me if I've missed this somewhere else, but here's a tip: On a whim, when getting out of my MME after parking it in a store parking lot, I decided to see if it could do what only one other car I've owned could do: My 2017 Chevy Bolt would let you pre-emptively tell the vehicle to lock if you tap on the lock button on the drivers door while you're getting out. Then once you closed the drivers door the whole car locked. I was so happy to discover today that the MME also does this! It's my favorite way to lock the vehicle. See attached pic...just turn off the car, and while you're getting out, tap on the lock button on the inside driver door. Once you've exited and closed all doors the car will lock (and side view mirrors close if you use that).
Here's why this is my favorite lock method:
1) I don't need to press anything on the key fob
2) I dont need to press or wave on the lock symbol above the door button to try to get it to load
3) I don't have to have auto-lock on walkaway turned on. (I dont like this feature cuz when enabled, it also does this when I'm home parked in the garage, which is super annoying). I wish the MME had a setting where you could have it auto lock when you're away from home, but not when in the garage/connected to home WiFi. If it did I'd use this.

So for any fellow weirdos like me out there who meet the above criteria, there's your locking solution!

20210225_111146.jpg
I have only had one other car that would allow me to push the lock button but not lock all the doors until all my passengers were out and had closed their doors. I have missed this feature so much! I am going to turn off the 'lock when I walk away setting' bc it's really annoying to have my car locked when it's on my garage. I also wish that the car would recognize when it's in my garage and not lock itself when I walk away. Maybe a software update will allow that one day.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Maybe I'm late to this party, so forgive me if I've missed this somewhere else, but here's a tip: On a whim, when getting out of my MME after parking it in a store parking lot, I decided to see if it could do what only one other car I've owned could do: My 2017 Chevy Bolt would let you pre-emptively tell the vehicle to lock if you tap on the lock button on the drivers door while you're getting out. Then once you closed the drivers door the whole car locked. I was so happy to discover today that the MME also does this! It's my favorite way to lock the vehicle. See attached pic...just turn off the car, and while you're getting out, tap on the lock button on the inside driver door. Once you've exited and closed all doors the car will lock (and side view mirrors close if you use that).
Here's why this is my favorite lock method:
1) I don't need to press anything on the key fob
2) I dont need to press or wave on the lock symbol above the door button to try to get it to load
3) I don't have to have auto-lock on walkaway turned on. (I dont like this feature cuz when enabled, it also does this when I'm home parked in the garage, which is super annoying). I wish the MME had a setting where you could have it auto lock when you're away from home, but not when in the garage/connected to home WiFi. If it did I'd use this.

So for any fellow weirdos like me out there who meet the above criteria, there's your locking solution!

20210225_111146.jpg
Every car I've ever owned has done this. What am I missing?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I'm so used to manually locking my car doors, I'm not going to stop hitting that button now. I pretty much gave up on the 7-8/9-0 button combination on my Fusion because it doesn't always work. The keyboard lights up, but nothing happens with the locks - sometimes.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Could someone explain for the MME, the difference between single locking and double locking?

I read for other Fords, that double locking sets the alarms active, but does that mean single locking doesn't? In the manual, I couldn't find the purpose/difference other than it defining that pressing the lock button twice on the fob is double locking.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Could someone explain for the MME, the difference between single locking and double locking?

I read for other Fords, that double locking sets the alarms active, but does that mean single locking doesn't? In the manual, I couldn't find the purpose/difference other than it defining that pressing the lock button twice on the fob is double locking.
On European Ford cars, a double lock disables the internal handles, preventing your window from being broken and a thief from them reaching in and opening the door.

Your understanding of double locking setting the alarm and single locking not is one I have heard of before. One way to test it is to open the window, close the door, single lock, and wait 30 seconds. Then, reach in and see if the motion sensor trips and the alarm goes off.

I also heard years ago that locking via the door button on the inside (i.e. open door, lock with button, close door) didn't arm the alarm, but locking with the fob did. I don't believe that is true either.

Test away!

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
A 'lock door' button, It's been on every car I've owned since 1978.
Sponsored