jasonpel

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select
Country flag
I'm curious too on this, all my cars with power lock had this feature!!!

And even when others doors are open and you pressed the lock button onthe driver door it would lock all doors as soon as they would close

Or maybe the OP was being sarcastic!
for the sake of information, it's impossible to lock a VW without the fob. a modern vw, anyway. using the lock button on the power lock, when the door is open, does nothing. not as a delay, either. they have it rigged so that if the door is open (only tested on the front doors,) the door locks will not engage. this way, it's impossible to lock your keys in the car, unless you toss them into the trunk after having hit the lock button on the fob.
Sponsored

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
So you hit the interior lock button with the door open and then close the door and the car is locked? Isn’t that how all cars work? Am I missing something?
My Hyundai Veracruz wouldn't do this you would lock it with the door open press the lock button but it would just retract back to the open unlock position.

I'm finding I do like the walk away feature the walk away lock feature but now I'm finding in some areas or just sometimes it doesn't work (75% of the time it does work) i keep walking to hear the horn I end up using the app to lock the door from my standing position where I'm at and that sometimes takes a try or two.

DonkeyShot

First Name
Remco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E RWD
Country flag
If you simultaneously press the bottom 2 keypad buttons on the door pillar that's another option for locking too. Plus that works if you want to leave a key in the car and still lock it (e.g. going for a run, hike, etc.).
The 2 button-trick works perfectly !. I just found out that the small Lock-button (just above the round unlock-button) only works when a key/phone is in range. The 2-button touch locks always
Sponsored