Kids in the Mach-E -- experience / tips?

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I'm late to the thread here, but dad to 5 and 8 year olds here:

1. car seat protectors a must. The GTPE seats are different than other trims, I tried lots and wound up with these turned around without the pockets and things, they fit and didn't look horrible: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09GBL8FXZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and these car seat thingies https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B7M7BKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. 3d mats rear seat floor (not sure if you can get rear separately): https://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-...fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840&th=1 great for containing ANYTHING

3. Interior cleaner in your frunk along with a microfiber towel. No mess is really a problem if you wipe it up soon after being made.

4. Name your car with your kids. Kids are kinder to something they like and has a personality. Really.

5. Play music your kids want to hear. Eat cheetos. Get a Dyson vaccuum. Enjoy your car! Don't worry so much.

Navy Bird

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select
Occupation
Retired baby!
Country flag
My grandkids love the new Mach-E. They are 6 and 8 years old. As soon as they get in the back seat they start demanding "Go fast Grandpa!" They really appreciate the acceleration (they are used to their Mom's stodgy Explorer). I use this as a ploy - you want me to step on the go pedal? Then no kicking the seats and no eating or drinking. If you get the seats or floor dirty (beyond normal activity) then you are in charge of clean-up. This seems to work for me. Oh, I never exceed the speed limit when we're "going fast" and only accelerate quickly if conditions merit it.

I'm also trying to teach them how to sing along with Springsteen, but they keep asking me if he's dead.

Cheers,
Bill

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Puppies chew everything. I don’t let them in the car. 🤪🐩

I like hanging in the frunk. 😊🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E Kids in the Mach-E -- experience / tips? 9ECC5CB7-C0BF-443B-B40F-2485883632ED

Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
I have a 5 and 7 y/o and got kick pads with pockets. They're both in boosters for now and still kick a bit but I wipe down the seats with McGuiar's interior detailer wipes and vacuum every few weeks and it's fine. I wipe down the sill plate with those wipes as well and do a deep mat cleaning every few months.

Haven't had any issues with the charge cable but I like the idea of a hanging cord. I think the bigger issue for the kids since they're still in boosters is the "entry angle" being a bit tight, they have to sort of stretch to get into their seats unless I'm holding them. But once they're in, they're comfy.

Bummer that the rear area doesn't have any night lighting, but great that it has the USB ports for charging iPads and whatnot. We haven't done any trips longer than 3-4 hours but might this winter.

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
I tried the rear door handles. My 10 year old daughter likes it better than just the button. My 5 year old son hung from his and pulled off the 3M sticky within a week. Overall, they are a 50% hit and now my car has 3 door handles instead of 2.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Kids in the Mach-E -- experience / tips? duct tape

Rob Daman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select RWD base as base can be
Occupation
YouTuber
Country flag
Like others said ..seat protector and weather mats

I have a discount code for 3dmats in my video

Cheap seat protector

satchel prefect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crusty old PHEV
Country flag
What are your tips and tricks for making your Mach-E more family (kid) friendly...
Rear door handles to protect fingers

Consider flipping the center headrest so you can use the middle position for a child seat. Properly secure the tether strap

I'm keeping my eye out for side steps, though not sure if they are feasible on a skateboard platform.

Keep the kids safe above all 🙏

OP
OP
Fins160

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Select C/T Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My grandkids love the new Mach-E. They are 6 and 8 years old. As soon as they get in the back seat they start demanding "Go fast Grandpa!" They really appreciate the acceleration (they are used to their Mom's stodgy Explorer). I use this as a ploy - you want me to step on the go pedal? Then no kicking the seats and no eating or drinking. If you get the seats or floor dirty (beyond normal activity) then you are in charge of clean-up. This seems to work for me. Oh, I never exceed the speed limit when we're "going fast" and only accelerate quickly if conditions merit it.

I'm also trying to teach them how to sing along with Springsteen, but they keep asking me if he's dead.

Cheers,
Bill
You have the magical advantage of it being “grandpas car”. My kids are so careful and calm around my father in laws’ truck. He has had some luck with getting them to sing the Beatles as well, but there’s usually an ice cream kicker at the end. 😂
Sponsored