2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag

cetialphav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1940 Chevy, Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Country flag
I'm confused; there seem to be two colors there. Which one is the Dark Matter Gray?
I have assumed it is the back one. The front one looks like Iconic Silver to me, but I am definitely not an expert.

cetialphav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am still waiting to see an outdoor picture of DMG, not sure its any condolence but my GT-PE in DMG is on a train headed to the west coast with a delivery ETA of 9/6. It would be nice to see some pictures before it comes it but it might be the first time i see DMG in real world conditions.
From that other thread about the cars in KC, it looks like there is one DMG headed to TX.

@21MachEGT, you and I have the same specs, can't wait to see pics when you get it.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag

cetialphav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very sad DMG is no longer GT-exclusive. :(
Yeah, DMG being a GT exclusive, was one of the reasons I picked DMG over Carbonized Gray. While I like cyber orange and it's GT exclusivity, I don't like it enough change from DMG.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Oh man, the DMG looks amazing. I'm really happy Ford changed my order from CG to DMG. I've seen a few carbonized grey Mach Es around town and I wasn't blown away. Still a great color, though.

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
Didn’t have much time to drive it or take too many pictures since I didn’t get out of the dealership until around 8:45 and I need to get some dinner. I picked up a dark matter gray with pano roof.

Initial impressions:
It’s mostly suburban sprawl here, so not a lot of opportunity to test out the handling and magneride. Im going to find some canyon roads this weekend. That said, it felt pretty planted.

Off the line, it felt fairly quick. Again, not a lot of opportunity yet to push it.

I was in the camp of “I don’t like the PE seats” and was making my peace with that. Seeing them in person is way different than the pictures. I tried to get some more pictures to help demonstrated the material, but you just can’t capture it on a phone camera. Pictures make the seats look “fuzzy” but the material is certainly not. I also wasn’t sure about the shoulder bolsters, but they don’t look (too) bad in person.

No frunk dividers! Two keys! Yay.

My salesman said that the software is preloaded with blue cruise already, so I guess I should try that out, but frankly, I just want to drive it!

Ford Mustang Mach-E DARK MATTER GRAY Mach-E Club 7A6AF679-000C-41DE-8B54-1FBC953D1550

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Didn’t have much time to drive it or take too many pictures since I didn’t get out of the dealership until around 8:45 and I need to get some dinner. I picked up a dark matter gray with pano roof.

Initial impressions:
It’s mostly suburban sprawl here, so not a lot of opportunity to test out the handling and magneride. Im going to find some canyon roads this weekend. That said, it felt pretty planted.

Off the line, it felt fairly quick. Again, not a lot of opportunity yet to push it.

I was in the camp of “I don’t like the PE seats” and was making my peace with that. Seeing them in person is way different than the pictures. I tried to get some more pictures to help demonstrated the material, but you just can’t capture it on a phone camera. Pictures make the seats look “fuzzy” but the material is certainly not. I also wasn’t sure about the shoulder bolsters, but they don’t look (too) bad in person.

My salesman said that the software is preloaded with blue cruise already, so I guess I should try that out, but frankly, I just want to drive it!

Ford Mustang Mach-E DARK MATTER GRAY Mach-E Club 7A6AF679-000C-41DE-8B54-1FBC953D1550
Congratulations on the first photo in a home garage!

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Oh man, the DMG looks amazing. I'm really happy Ford changed my order from CG to DMG. I've seen a few carbonized grey Mach Es around town and I wasn't blown away. Still a great color, though.
CG looks kind of like DMG at night so it’s almost like getting two colors for the price of one! Lol

Thadeal23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328Xi, Toyota 4Runner, Mach E GT on order
Country flag

Initial impressions:

Looks great! Making me feel better about my decision to go DMG.. Is there a decent contrast with the black accents when you see it in person? Was worried it might blend in too much although I prefer a stealthy look.

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
Looks great! Making me feel better about my decision to go DMG.. Is there a decent contrast with the black accents when you see it in person? Was worried it might blend in too much although I prefer a stealthy look.
I started the process of picking up the car from the dealer as the sun was going down, and in this lighting the contrast between the paint and the “grill” was subtle. By the time I was done with the paperwork it was dark out and it just looked entirely black. Now that the sun is up it is a nice contrast. I got this color because my original reservation color, infinite blue, was gone. But, in hindsight, I’m happy with it.
Sponsored

Last edited: