Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I have sort of mixed feeling about the tracking. They can already find you and tell where you have been by your cell phone. I have no problem with that. I am not robbing any banks or anything so if they want to track my mundane boring travels..they can have at it. I do not like targeted marketing, and I would not like that my conversations are being recorded. (Not that I am plotting to invade the White House or anything........) As long as data cannot be tied to an individual do not have a real problem with it. It is nice knowing I can hit a button or the vehicle will call 911 and give them a location if I have been in an accident. Lots of people in my area have been saved by that feature when they drive off a remote mountain road and no one saw them go over the edge. Car called 911 and they were able to track them down pretty quickly and get them help.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MailGuy

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
You must not of payed attention to Apple and the siri issues not very long ago. It's really not much better.
Nope, just a bit more forgiving. Nobody's perfect. And I rarely use Siri anyway.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Nope, just a bit more forgiving. Nobody's perfect. And I rarely use Siri anyway.
You don't have to use it, it's always listening. That's how it can wake up when you say hey siri

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Well considering this thread already went off topic...

Just because Ford is using Google in the car, doesn't mean they get the same information if you used Google on your phone. We don't know what agreements Ford as in place with Google regarding the data, we don't know what visibility Google has at the data, etc.

Let's not raise the alarms until we have the facts please.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Ford hired a John Deere "Data as an income stream" exec for this reason. Subscription, selling of data, and customer habits and daily routines. This is valuable data that this gentleman was able to monetize for John Deere. I'm fine with it, but I want my cut of the profits generated. This is why Paak is pushed as it starts the data stream and is able to send via phone modem or vehicle modem. I think Ford is not trying to hide or bury this fact, but I think they could make a larger point of this to new customers.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN25Z2JH

OP
OP
MailGuy

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
You don't have to use it, it's always listening. That's how it can wake up when you say hey siri
Yes, but you can turn off Siri's access to your applications and data, which is the important part. I can assure Siri's not going to learn very much listening me to talk.

810to310

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Edge Limited, 2018 F-150 Limited, 2021 MME-FE
Country flag
I was equally unhappy with the announcement of alignment with Google. I'm hoping that is for future cars only but cautiously pessimistic. I too value my privacy, which is why I'm surprised that I'm happy thus far and embracing this. I eschew Google, Facebook and others for this very reason and begrudgingly switched to an iPhone when the Windows phone finally became too painful. I imagine many of us have seen what happens and can generally detect when our data goes beyond what we accept as acceptable terms of use. The minute I detect that from my car, all of the profiles are getting deleted and my car will just become a car again.
Agreed. I thought I understood it to be 2023 and beyond-hopefully there will be some regulations by then. I’m sure AI has it figured out, but new email addresses every so often seems to help...and I never attach my phone # “for security purposes” when google asks me/. On my 2010 Edge, the Sync system says “Powered my Microsoft”. I don’t think we will be able to have autonomous driving without Google or one of the big tech companies involved.

cassmoney0523

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo S90, 2018 MB GLC300
Occupation
physician
Country flag
The day I start seeing Ads or MarketPlace marketing in my Mach E is the day it gets traded. I'm in the opposite camp. I'll pay to be forgotten and not tracked. Which, eh hem, I've already done.
**this is an automated response**
we have noted your response and will be tailoring future services to meet your needs...now that we have found you...good-bye

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Also, none of these voice assistants are constantly sending a stream of audio back to their mother ships. They only send the audio back when the wake word is heard, which is processed in device.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Yeah it used to be in small towns everybody knew all the dirty secrets of your faults and failure's. Today, the whole world gets to know!!?
Sponsored