Dealer Deposit Issue

ConejoRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Route 1 Mach-E, Chevrolet Volt
Country flag
I had the same problem with our dealer, Galpin. I also had to bring up the credit card statement and show them the credit from Ford and the charge from Galpin. They wanted us to just receive a refund later so they could research it further (the person who they needed to check with was “on vacation”) but we held out and they were able to find it supposedly credited to “another order”. Not sure if that was actually the case, but it was ultimately resolved but it took some time for them to do it.
Sponsored

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I am having the same problem. They said that I received a refund in June of last year. Ford refunded my money in June, but Towne Ford charged my credit card $500 on the same day. Over the last two weeks, I've sent multiple emails to Towne Ford, but my deposit has not been refunded. They say they are checking into it, but I think they hope I will forget about it.
I forgot about it when signing the contracts for my Mach E at Towne Ford. When I remembered, I texted Kevin, who responded in one minute that he'll issue the refund the next day. The next day, Kevin sent me a screenshot (see attached) showing that the refund has been issued. And it showed up on my credit card soon afterwards.

It was very smooth and easy for me. I wonder what made it so much harder for your order, even though it's the same dealership.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dealer Deposit Issue IMG_20210330_214401~3

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
I forgot about it when signing the contracts for my Mach E at Towne Ford. When I remembered, I texted Kevin, who responded in one minute that he'll issue the refund the next day. The next day, Kevin sent me a screenshot (see attached) showing that the refund has been issued. And it showed up on my credit card soon afterwards.

It was very smooth and easy for me. I wonder what made it so much harder for your order, even though it's the same dealership.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dealer Deposit Issue IMG_20210330_214401~3
Thanks for the information. It gives me hope that it will get resolved. I sent another email to the dealership tonight. Previously Kevin has very responsive.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Go to your "Reservations" when you reserved your car. Go to
order details and you will find it there.

Order Details
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dealer Deposit Issue {filename}

• Order Date
    6/27/2020
  • Order Number
  • Your Dealer
    AutoNation Ford North Canton
  • Dealer Deposit
    E120

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Read info on order

Order Terms and Conditions
2. Order Process.

In order to complete the Order Process, you will be required to (1) create and/or login to your Ford account, (2) submit certain information to Ford, (3) select a Dealer, and (4) pay an Order Deposit to the Dealer. The Dealer will hold Order Deposits and will not pay interest on Order Deposits. Any interest earned on the account will be the sole property of the Dealer. Dealer Order Deposit refund policy may vary based on your selected Dealer. Please ask your Dealer for their refund policy before you agree to these Terms. Ford and your selected Dealer may contact you periodically with updates regarding the status of your Order.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Read info on order

Order Terms and Conditions
2. Order Process.

In order to complete the Order Process, you will be required to (1) create and/or login to your Ford account, (2) submit certain information to Ford, (3) select a Dealer, and (4) pay an Order Deposit to the Dealer. The Dealer will hold Order Deposits and will not pay interest on Order Deposits. Any interest earned on the account will be the sole property of the Dealer. Dealer Order Deposit refund policy may vary based on your selected Dealer. Please ask your Dealer for their refund policy before you agree to these Terms. Ford and your selected Dealer may contact you periodically with updates regarding the status of your Order.
I believe that is referring to the dealer policy on returning deposits on cancelled orders, not orders that are completed to sale. If you buy the car the deposit should be deducted from the sale price.

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Go to your "Reservations" when you reserved your car. Go to
order details, and you will find it there.

Order Details
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dealer Deposit Issue {filename}

• Order Date
    6/27/2020
  • Order Number
  • Your Dealer
    AutoNation Ford North Canton
  • Dealer Deposit
    E120
Thank you for posting this. I add this to my records in case I need to provide more proof.

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am having the same problem. They said that I received a refund in June of last year. Ford refunded my money in June, but Towne Ford charged my credit card $500 on the same day. Over the last two weeks, I've sent multiple emails to Towne Ford, but my deposit has not been refunded. They say they are checking into it, but I think they hope I will forget about it.
I received an e-mail Towne Ford today and they are arranging for a refund next week. ?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yeah, my dealer was confused about this too. I just had them add the $500 deposit refund to the IOU sheet, so I know I’ll get it back one way or another.
I finally got my $500 deposit refunded. The dealer had to call Ford to find out how to track it down. Ford was able to walk them through how to refund it back to my credit card. Interestingly, as soon as they did it, I got an automated email from Ford saying that my dealer had issued a refund. So although it’s the dealer holding the deposit, it‘s in Ford’s system.
Sponsored