Dealer involvement after ordering online?

Mach_Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: '22 MME CR1 AWD ER
I ordered a MME online a couple weeks ago after contacting my dealer about one on their lot (already sold). It seems like the online ordering process is pretty straight forward so that's the route I took and told my dealer on how I planned on ordering online. My dealer immediately confirmed the next day she received my order, but after reading some posts on this forum I guess some people go to their dealers to hash out some details in writing like ADM and X-Plan pricing regardless of how they ordered? So I texted my dealer if I need to come in to sign any paperwork confirming my order and she said "yes, and bring a copy of your license and a PDF of your build." Is this something that is pretty standard after placing an order online? Or is it just something that is recommended to do so I don't get backed into a corner and charged an ADM or something when the car comes in? I have no problem going to the dealer to do this...I'll do anything to help confirm my order and make sure it's submitted to Ford for processing. Anything else I should go over with the dealer when I'm there to help the ordering process?
Sponsored

CA Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E, Chevy Bolt
I ordered a MME online a couple weeks ago after contacting my dealer about one on their lot (already sold). It seems like the online ordering process is pretty straight forward so that's the route I took and told my dealer on how I planned on ordering online. My dealer immediately confirmed the next day she received my order, but after reading some posts on this forum I guess some people go to their dealers to hash out some details in writing like ADM and X-Plan pricing regardless of how they ordered? So I texted my dealer if I need to come in to sign any paperwork confirming my order and she said "yes, and bring a copy of your license and a PDF of your build." Is this something that is pretty standard after placing an order online? Or is it just something that is recommended to do so I don't get backed into a corner and charged an ADM or something when the car comes in? I have no problem going to the dealer to do this...I'll do anything to help confirm my order and make sure it's submitted to Ford for processing. Anything else I should go over with the dealer when I'm there to help the ordering process?
there are many stories of people ordering on line, waiting for months and then a shady dealer throws out some outrageous dealer profit out of the blue. It would be smart to get an "out the door" price. They should be able to confirm that (or at least close) many dealers will sell an order at MSRP. If they won't then i believe if early enough you can transfer your order to a dealership that will honor that (i could be wrong on the transfer part).