After ordering online, how quickly did your dealer accept the order?

Up and Over

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, Iconic Silver
Country flag
I ordered a GT on Thursday but the dealer has yet to accept the order (at least as indicated by the Ford website). I emailed the salesman I have been communicating with when I placed the order and also called him yesterday. He didn’t seem to realize that they had to do anything on their end.
Sponsored

Elrand

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 IB Prem RWD EX
Country flag
Give it till tuesday and it should update. Needs to process thru the order computer. Which i dont see happening on a weekend. I think my order was placed on a saturday and didnt change till monday or tuesday following

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Mine sat awaiting dealer acceptance. Then Ford sent a warning message that the order was in trouble (don't recall the wording). Called dealer (GM), and they didn't know anything about it, 15 minutes later it was accepted. This is a new process, and they're learning.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I converted my reservation to an order on 4/27, it was accepted the same day, less than an hour later. No movement since then.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I converted my reservation to an order on 4/27, it was accepted the same day, less than an hour later. No movement since then.
I placed my order online, and then within a day I got a call from the dealership saying that I had to come into the office to finish the order. Once I got there, they did NOTHING that they couldn't have done online, but they wanted a copy of my driver's license and to create a folder. Their excuse was that when the Broncos went online (with only a $100 deposit) they had a bunch of 16 and 17 year olds with debit cards putting a deposit down and creating orders they couldn't buy, so they wanted to make sure a functional adult was the one purchasing.

So, you might want to do a follow-up call with the person at the dealership that orders cars.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I placed my order online, and then within a day I got a call from the dealership saying that I had to come into the office to finish the order. Once I got there, they did NOTHING that they couldn't have done online, but they wanted a copy of my driver's license and to create a folder. Their excuse was that when the Broncos went online (with only a $100 deposit) they had a bunch of 16 and 17 year olds with debit cards putting a deposit down and creating orders they couldn't buy, so they wanted to make sure a functional adult was the one purchasing.

So, you might want to do a follow-up call with the person at the dealership that orders cars.
Thanks for the heads-up. I have spoken with the internet guy at the dealer a few times. He also posts here on the forum on occasion. I chose his dealership because of his postings here.

Although, it probably can’t hurt to call him again.

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
Thanks for the heads-up. I have spoken with the internet guy at the dealer a few times. He also posts here on the forum on occasion. I chose his dealership because of his postings here.

Although, it probably can’t hurt to call him again.
The new car sales manager should be your next contact. He's the one responsible for locking in on the dealership side. He sees all these orders, so perhaps give him, or her a call. ?

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
We ordered on 7/3 and by 5pm got a confirmation from Ford and Dealer that order was in.

osiris

First Name
Mich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3 rex, BMW x4, MME premium RWD (9/8/21)
Country flag
I ordered a GT on Thursday but the dealer has yet to accept the order (at least as indicated by the Ford website). I emailed the salesman I have been communicating with when I placed the order and also called him yesterday. He didn’t seem to realize that they had to do anything on their end.
Mine took a day and a half because the dealer didn't understand the process. I insisted they had to do something on their end, they insisted they didn't. I finally took a screenshot of where there was no checkmark by "dealer accepted order" and told them I really think that means they needed to do something. They told me no, but an hour later, it was accepted. They just need gentle pushing because it's a new process to them, IMO.

OP
OP
Up and Over

Up and Over

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, Iconic Silver
Country flag
Thanks. I’ll reach out to them again on Tuesday.

Mine took a day and a half because the dealer didn't understand the process. I insisted they had to do something on their end, they insisted they didn't. I finally took a screenshot of where there was no checkmark by "dealer accepted order" and told them I really think that means they needed to do something. They told me no, but an hour later, it was accepted. They just need gentle pushing because it's a new process to them, IMO.
Sponsored