Hgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue MME XR RWD
Occupation
Professional Mom
Country flag
How long should it take for the dealer to accept my order? The order was placed mid morning on Friday, 12/11. I am willing to be patient but accepting an order seems elementary. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sundevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
How long should it take for the dealer to accept my order? The order was placed mid morning on Friday, 12/11. I am working with New Cars Director/Sales Manager. I am willing to be patient but accepting an order seems elementary. Thanks!
Mine was accepted overnight.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
How long should it take for the dealer to accept my order? The order was placed mid morning on Friday, 12/11. I am working with New Cars Director/Sales Manager. I am willing to be patient but accepting an order seems elementary. Thanks!
Should be a day or two at most - most dealers dont know the process - you might have contact them to push them to move.

Back when the orders were taken in late June, dealers were mostly confused and some took a few days to more than week and some needed communication to make them aware. Should not be the case now but it varies by dealer I suppose.

OP
OP
Hgray

Hgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Mom
Country flag
Should be a day or two at most - most dealers dont know the process - you might have contact them to push them to move.

Back when the orders were taken in late June, dealers were mostly confused and some took a few days to more than week and some needed communication to make them aware. Should not be the case now but it varies by dealer I suppose.
Thanks for the "history." I will stay in contact with the dealer until it is done!!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks for the "history." I will stay in contact with the dealer until it is done!!
Which dealer are you using?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Larry H Miller in Mesa, AZ
San Tan Ford has been very responsive so that can be another option if you get tired of waiting. Ask for Justin Wyss. He will help you out.
What trim and color combo are you interested in?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
San Tan Ford has been very responsive so that can be another option if you get tired of waiting. Ask for Justin Wyss. He will help you out.
Kelly at Chapman Ford in south Scottsdale is another good option.

Larry Miller was the only valley dealer that was playing games with markup pricing back in June/July. I think by now they are at $0 markup but just make sure you're comfortable with the terms of sale and get your questions answered in writing.

Also, they are one of the few dealers that isn't EV certified for servicing the car, last time I checked. You can pull up a list of EV service qualified dealers using the advanced locator option at Ford.com.

OP
OP
Hgray

Hgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Mom
Country flag
Thanks for the recommendation. Premium ER 2WD Imperial Blue!

I am willing to be a little patient. The dealer has been great with providing info and letting me know about the tour coming to their dealer ship. We have purchased from before and have been treated well.

OP
OP
Hgray

Hgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Mom
Country flag

Larry Miller was the only valley dealer that was playing games with markup pricing back in June/July. I think by now they are at $0 markup but just make sure you're comfortable with the terms of sale and get your questions answered in writing.

Also, they are one of the few dealers that isn't EV certified for servicing the car, last time I checked. You can pull up a list of EV service qualified dealers using the advanced locator option at Ford.com.
Thanks for this info. When we placed the orderonline LHM was an option. So I assumed they were EV certified. So I will look into this.

Living in a Phoenix area, we have lots of options for dealerships.
Thank you!

OP
OP
Hgray

Hgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Mom
Country flag

I called Ford today just to make sure everything with my online order was ok and confirm whether Larry H Millet is EV certified. I learned that my initial order is ok and the dealer is EV certified. So that is good news.

OP
OP
Hgray

Hgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Mom
Country flag
When the dealer accepts your online order, does the dealer’s system assign it a new order number since the two systems are not linked?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
When the dealer accepts your online order, does the dealer’s system assign it a new order number since the two systems are not linked?
When the dealer accepted my online order request, they assigned it a number of W001.
It was some internal number for the dealer's use.
Then they entered it into their system and assigned some other number. I think it was a 4 digit number. The online number and the dealer number never matched up and I don't think it matters either way.
Sponsored