Dealers can't and/or won't service my car?

MachEGTPilot

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350 DRW, 2020 Escape Hybrid, 2021 MachE GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
River View Ford in Montgomery. Finance manager and a couple salesmen have Mach E's. They updated mine when I first got it and had 12V BATTERY ISSUES...
Sponsored

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Can you please let us know which dealer agreed to service your vehicle? I’m buying mine from Bredemann as soon as they get the recall issue done and will be looking for someone to work with on service issues.

OP
OP
babgvant

babgvant

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Can you please let us know which dealer agreed to service your vehicle? I’m buying mine from Bredemann as soon as they get the recall issue done and will be looking for someone to work with on service issues.
Highland Park Ford. Appointment is next Wednesday. Will LYK how it goes.

Roxy'sHusband

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RWD Standard Range
Country flag
"Our customers". I heard that from a couple of dealership service departments. They only considered people who bought their car at their dealership were legitimate customers. Anyone else was considered some kind of alien and, in one case, the manager even told me he wouldn't take my car in at all because he couldn't even serve "his customers".

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Ford dealerships have an Ford engineering hotline that they can call to get assistance. My dealership is quite good but did run into issues that their EV certified tech wasn't able to correct. The tech called the Ford engineering hotline and they worked with the tech and solved the issue. It did take a day or two but in the end it was fixed.

If the dealerships don't know about the hotline or bother to call then I'd say they aren't worth taking your car to anyways. I'm sorry that it's been such a crappy experience, I hope that you can find a good dealership to work with.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
This situation creates a great opportunity for a store to invest in tech and know-how to service EVs and become the go to EV store in Chicago.

20 years ago while living in Southeast Michigan, I, among many other corvette owners, would drive past many dealers to go to Les Stanford Chevrolet. That store was the go to place to buy and service these vehicles. They stocked over 100 and prided themselves that many of their employees owned corvettes and serviced them with passion.

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I feel your pain... I experienced the same issue in San Antonio. The dealer I purchased mine from refuses to do the glass recall. I thought they would contract with a glass company... but ok.

Referred me to another large dealer who told me the next available appointment is in November! I told them I have another issue and their earliest appointment for an "emergency" is August. I finally found another dealer in town that scheduled me for an appointment in early July, thankfully.

Disappointing experience for me, just like you. I like my Mach-E and picked it because I thought the dealer/service network would set them apart from, say...Tesla.

Look at my posts if you want... I'm not a Ford basher. I keep a car for a few years, and I don't know if another Mach-E will be on the list due to service challenges.
I am in the same boat here in Ohio. My dealer kept pushing me off for 4 months by saying they had scheduling problems with the glass company. I sent 2 emails and 1 phone call. I gave up and have a new dealer. I am hoping they will do the glass recall. They did do 22B08 which my old dealer also refused to do.

OP
OP
babgvant

babgvant

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Highland Park Ford. Appointment is next Wednesday. Will LYK how it goes.
They said 2-3 days, got it back after 1.5. On the plus side, because of all the earlier nonsense I was able to get them to put 21P22 and 22S41 (the HVBJB recall) on the car. Looks like they had to reset a bunch of things (had to redo the double-honk fix) and my charging locations got wiped. But all in, pleased with the experience.
Sponsored

Last edited: