Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Was on my phone tonight and got a message car was in Deep Sleep mode to save battery. Thought it was weird, am in car now and 12v is at 77% SoC and charging back up. The startup sounds were coming through the IPC, but everything else seems fine. I’ve literally never got this message before.

Anyone go any ideas?
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Was on my phone tonight and got a message car was in Deep Sleep mode to save battery. Thought it was weird, am in car now and 12v is at 77% SoC and charging back up. The startup sounds were coming through the IPC, but everything else seems fine. I’ve literally never got this message before.

Anyone go any ideas?
Yes - this message will show up in FordPass periodically in my experience. Generally it would be after the car has sat for a while (I've seen it even if the car is plugged in), but I've seen it show up even when I've recently interacted with/driven the car. It's nothing to worry about.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes - this message will show up in FordPass periodically in my experience. Generally it would be after the car has sat for a while (I've seen it even if the car is plugged in), but I've seen it show up even when I've recently interacted with/driven the car. It's nothing to worry about.
Deep Sleep? I know the normal sleep happens, but first time I’ve seen deep sleep in 7 months. Drove car 6 hours beforehand.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag

Anyone go any ideas?
I didn't get a message about the 12V, never have, but all the alert sounds and chimes in my car bugged out and reverted to the IPC this weekend. It started on Saturday morning, when I moved my car out of my garage, immediately I noticed the IPC made a beep and then it reverted to the normal chime through the stereo. Then yesterday all day long, everything was coming through the IPC with the dinky beeps. I didn't drive the car yet this morning, but just a quick test, I flicked the headlight switch to the on position and the warning chime is now back to coming from the stereo 🤔

How did you check that your 12V is at 77%?

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My 2020 F350 automatically goes into deep sleep if it sits for more than a week or two. How long did your car sit?

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn't get a message about the 12V, never have, but all the alert sounds and chimes in my car bugged out and reverted to the IPC this weekend. It started on Saturday morning, when I moved my car out of my garage, immediately I noticed the IPC made a beep and then it reverted to the normal chime through the stereo. Then yesterday all day long, everything was coming through the IPC with the dinky beeps. I didn't drive the car yet this morning, but just a quick test, I flicked the headlight switch to the on position and the warning chime is now back to coming from the stereo 🤔

How did you check that your 12V is at 77%?
I’ve got a OBDII reader and the Car Scanner app

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sometimes this happens for no rhyme or reason. If there are no other symptoms, don't worry about it.
Only thing is the sounds coming through IPC, it’s not the 12v since that was almost at 80%. So strange!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Only thing is the sounds coming through IPC, it’s not the 12v since that was almost at 80%. So strange!
I think this can be chalked up to an intermittent bug, kinda like the headlight switch losing its memory.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My MME is at Ford now getting a new 12v battery. I took in for the glass recall and am having all the updates done. I had an ISSUE where I could not open the front passenger door. If the car was locked when you walk up and push the button on the door, it would not open. THEN push the button on the rear passenger door and both front and rear doors opened at the same time. They said it was the 12v battery causing it.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
I think this can be chalked up to an intermittent bug, kinda like the headlight switch losing its memory.
My car was delivered with all alerts and chimes coming through the IPC, and horrible sound quality from the B&O system, because of the DSP bug. Both issues were fixed with the DSP update. I've never heard a single beep from the IPC since, until this Saturday. My first thought was that Ford might have sent my car some kind of unannounced update and caused my alert sounds to bug out again, but looking at my router activity I found nothing, although I understand that some updates come through via LTE. Never had issue with the headlight switch either.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car was delivered with all alerts and chimes coming through the IPC, and horrible sound quality from the B&O system, because of the DSP bug. Both issues were fixed with the DSP update. I've never heard a single beep from the IPC since, until this Saturday. My first thought was that Ford might have sent my car some kind of unannounced update and caused my alert sounds to bug out again, but looking at my router activity I found nothing, although I understand that some updates come through via LTE. Never had issue with the headlight switch either.
Yeah, my stereo sounds fine, so don’t think it’s DSP, guess just another one of those things. I have it happen every now and then and it will resolve, first time I’ve had it stay like this after a couple key cycles.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My MME is at Ford now getting a new 12v battery. I took in for the glass recall and am having all the updates done. I had an ISSUE where I could not open the front passenger door. If the car was locked when you walk up and push the button on the door, it would not open. THEN push the button on the rear passenger door and both front and rear doors opened at the same time. They said it was the 12v battery causing it.
Seems improbable, vs. updating the door modules which are mentioned in several TSBs.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Anyone go any ideas?
What was your charge mode?
My LVB was 94% this morning with "Battery refresh" as the charge mode.
I don't really know what the various modes mean though.
Here is what I've seen so far

• Fast Regen Allowed 96% SOC 13.30v
  • Slow Regen Allowed 87.% SOC 14.30v
  • Conventional Charging 86% SOC 14.30v
  • Battery Refresh 89% SOC 14.40v

This morning it said Battery Refresh at 94% with LVB at 13.30v.
Curious what all the various modes are for and when triggered. ?????

Ford Mustang Mach-E Deep Sleep message with 12v at 77% 1650901120497
Sponsored