delivery time is now 40 weeks

Astro19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E select
Country flag
I've only been waiting 12 weeks for my MME order. A month ago, I bought a Hyundai Ioniq 5. Apparently, I will wait many more weeks for my MME order to be filled. I'll decide what to do with the Ford MME, at that time, 32 weeks or 40 weeks. I think I'll keep the Ioniq 5, regardless.

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Grabs 2022 World Car Of The Year Award, And More (insideevs.com)
1649873770271.jpeg
Definitely a futuristic looking car. Something you would see in a movie that takes place in 2050. That said, to me, that is an absolutely hideous vehicle. But to each their own, and it might have many features that improve on the mach e.

But... pretty sure they watched some sci fi movies from the early 2000's for their design.

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I've only been waiting 12 weeks for my MME order. A month ago, I bought a Hyundai Ioniq 5. Apparently, I will wait many more weeks for my MME order to be filled. I'll decide what to do with the Ford MME, at that time, 32 weeks or 40 weeks. I think I'll keep the Ioniq 5, regardless.

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Grabs 2022 World Car Of The Year Award, And More (insideevs.com)
1649873770271.jpeg
I actually think its a pretty good looking car. Ive seen one parked before and I had to walk around it to check it out. 2050 sci fi movie? I think not... I dont know anything about the car other than this photo and the walk around, but it looked pretty nice.

I oredered my GTPE on 12/14/21. Devliery date was promised 3/24-3/31. I finally received it on 4/4/22. Its fantastic.

2021mustangdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select RWD, grabber blue
Country flag
Ordered my 2022 Mach-E on January 11/22 and it arrived at dealership on April 9/22 . I drove it yesterday ( 12th ) but can not pick it up until June 3rd as funds locked into GIC.

Guess I am Lucky that it was total 16 weeks from order to delivery.

Dan

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Definitely a futuristic looking car. Something you would see in a movie that takes place in 2050. That said, to me, that is an absolutely hideous vehicle. But to each their own, and it might have many features that improve on the mach e.

But... pretty sure they watched some sci fi movies from the early 2000's for their design.
It's an ugly car that's going to age even worse IMO. The matte finish ones in particular.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I actually think it's a pretty good looking car. Ive seen one parked before and I had to walk around it to check it out. 2050 sci fi movie? I think not... I dont know anything about the car other than this photo and the walk around, but it looked pretty nice.

I ordered my GTPE on 12/14/21. Delivery date was promised 3/24-3/31. I finally received it on 4/4/22. Its fantastic.
Ahh. I ordered my MME premium before your GT and still do not have even a build date, not to mention a delivery date. Since I'm also in California, I attribute this partly to the Ford allocation algorithm's emphasis on high volume dealers. (I must have happened to choose an unfavored one.) This was a factor in my opting for an Ioniq 5 sooner and postponing any decision on the MME until it its delivered next summer/fall. They are similar/dissimilar in many ways, e.g. straight lines/angles vs curves notwithstanding. I am happy with the I5. i'd like to think I will be happy with the MME, if I only had one. ;)
Ford Mustang Mach-E delivery time is now 40 weeks 1649889630927

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Ahh. I ordered my MME premium before your GT and still do not have even a build date, not to mention a delivery date. Since I'm also in California, I attribute this partly to the Ford allocation algorithm's emphasis on high volume dealers. (I must have happened to choose an unfavored one.) This was a factor in my opting for an Ioniq 5 sooner and postponing any decision on the MME until it its delivered next summer/fall. They are similar/dissimilar in many ways, e.g. straight lines/angles vs curves notwithstanding. I am happy with the I5. i'd like to think I will be happy with the MME, if I only had one. ;)
Ford Mustang Mach-E delivery time is now 40 weeks 1649889630927
The dealer told me that any orders that go through his store do not count against his "allocated amount". He was happy with all the orders he can get, because it didnt effect him for the few that Ford would send him otherwise. Who knows. And if you want to buy a GTPE and overpay, Im happy to sell. :p

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It's an ugly car that's going to age even worse IMO. The matte finish ones in particular.

It's really owner preference, but I can't say I like the look myself of the Ionic5...Find the front and back bad, side is fine. Back looks like a minivan.

But I think tech wise, Ionic5 is probably better. Faster charging, I think it has that lane change camera thing as well, heads up display too? Forget, but I personally can't live with how it looks so didn't consider it.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I’m sure most of us have never ordered a car being built to order. This has to be the worst buying experience ever. You get too much time for buyer’s remorse.

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I’m sure most of us have never ordered a car being built to order. This has to be the worst buying experience ever. You get too much time for buyer’s remorse.
Dont be surprised if more and more companies go to this model once supply chain is back up. Look at Tesla model. Once major companies can get it down to a short time for delivery, they wont need huge dealer lots. Maybe Im wrong...

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
I ordered my car in sept 21, was told the build would be in Feb. Now looks like delivery is end July. Thanks about 40 weeks so way off what Ford stick on their website.
If it gets much longer I think I will wait for the Fisker which looks to be a much better car. Really disappointed with Ford and Uk deliveries.
I’m still waiting on my MME and I should have it in June. I have my order in for a Fisker which the reality is 2- 2.5 years away. I’m ordering all my future cars 2 years in advance now. Doing the same with a Silverado. That should deliver 3-4 years from now. I have two drivers in the family so we will make decisions as to what to actually get as we go but I have learned my lesson. Make your future car purchase plans now. You are not locked into these reservations. Even if I lost my deposits (Which I won’t) I’m willing to pay for future optionality. The current game of find a car and wait 6-12 months for Ford with virtually no information is BS. I suppose I can get on a wait list to get on a wait list for a reservation to eventually place an order for a Lightening. And then go into a 12 month Ford information blackout. Plan ahead.

Last edited:

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Dont be surprised if more and more companies go to this model once supply chain is back up. Look at Tesla model. Once major companies can get it down to a short time for delivery, they wont need huge dealer lots. Maybe Im wrong...
I think that the Ford announcing the EV division means only ICE cars will be sold at dealerships in the future. I suspect that all Ford EVs in the future will be ordered in the Tesla model.

Ford may be realizing they do not need the dealer middle man....
Sponsored