sabat

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
Hello folks, first post. Over the last week I've read through (some skimming) the 296 pages of this thread, and found a lot of great info, thank you all.

Brief background - I had a Jetta TDI that I sold back to VW in 2015. In its place I got a Mustang Ecoboost, which I like a lot. But my two kids are getting bigger, and will need an actual backseat in the next year. I was looking at efficient but enjoyable ICE cars, but the idea of a major US-maker EV, big interior, and 600+ FTLBS OF AWD TORQUE makes my mouth water. Sign me up.

One question - does anyone in-the-know have a clue about demand so far for the GT? Do I need to reserve ASAP, or can I wait another month to see how folks like their FEs and so on?

thanks again,
Dean
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have one on reservation, but the lower range gives me some pause. I wish I knew what real world range driven "normally" would be. (not normally for a GT that is)

OP
OP
sabat

sabat

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
Yeah, it became a challenge - after 50 pages or so I was starting to lose my mind a bit, but I kept chipping away, and the occasional nugget of good info gets you through a few more pages.

This was probably the most helpful thing I saved.

Demo_timeline.jpg

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
One question - does anyone in-the-know have a clue about demand so far for the GT? Do I need to reserve ASAP, or can I wait another month to see how folks like their FEs an
No idea, however the GT is the only one you can reserve, and Ford will let you cancel and get the money back. The other trims are past being able to do a new reserve and you have to order, and that may or may not be refundable depending on dealer, state laws, etc. No reason not to reserve a GT if you think you will be ordering it as it's fully refundable.

OP
OP
sabat

sabat

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
I thought it was up to the dealer whether to refund the deposit? If not, I'm in.

On range, I'll figure it out, I live close and even 150 miles would be fine. I'll get the 240V charger.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought it was up to the dealer whether to refund the deposit? If not, I'm in.
Ford refunds the reservation. It's up to the dealer to refund the deposit on an order (or not).

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Hello folks, first post. Over the last week I've read through (some skimming) the 296 pages of this thread, and found a lot of great info, thank you all.

Brief background - I had a Jetta TDI that I sold back to VW in 2015. In its place I got a Mustang Ecoboost, which I like a lot. But my two kids are getting bigger, and will need an actual backseat in the next year. I was looking at efficient but enjoyable ICE cars, but the idea of a major US-maker EV, big interior, and 600+ FTLBS OF AWD TORQUE makes my mouth water. Sign me up.

One question - does anyone in-the-know have a clue about demand so far for the GT? Do I need to reserve ASAP, or can I wait another month to see how folks like their FEs and so on?

thanks again,
Dean
Dear Dean,

Best guess is a reservation today would receive a vehicle October-November 2021. First in line will be about September. GT is roughly 9 months after the base vehicle.

I ask only one favor. Write this down as gospel, so just in case you go to another forum discussing the Mach-e GT, you can start the mother of all flame wars. Just doing our part to support "Stay Classy, Internet". Thanks for paying it forward.

Regards,
Your friends at the Mach-E Forum. Peace, out.

P.S. Don't do it. :D

OP
OP
sabat

sabat

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
Got it Ron, thanks. (I screenshotted your reply, haha)

OK, I'm on the Ford site, and it never gave me the option to get the glass roof. I thought it was an option, but no dice. I can live without it, but I was kinda looking forward to it. Anyone know anything?

I'm going with space white, to contrast with grill. Bright colors not my thing.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag

On range, I'll figure it out, I live close and even 150 miles would be fine. I'll get the 240V charger.
People have used reservation and order interchangeably, but they’re not. For the GT, you can only place a reservation with Ford at this time (although you’ll be asked to select a dealer). That is fully refundable.
When reservation holders are given the chance to convert reservations to orders (which we think will be in the spring), your deposit is refunded by Ford, and it will be up to your dealer whether a deposit is needed, how much and whether refundable.
So no harm in putting in a reservation now and thinking it over until we have to convert to an order.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Got it Ron, thanks. (I screenshotted your reply, haha)

OK, I'm on the Ford site, and it never gave me the option to get the glass roof. I thought it was an option, but no dice. I can live without it, but I was kinda looking forward to it. Anyone know anything?

I'm going with space white, to contrast with grill. Bright colors not my thing.
Not all options are on the configurator for the reservation. You will have the chance to select your options when you convert to an order in 2021.
We do expect some things, like the glass roof, to be options on the GT. If you look on the Mach E page at the vehicle comparison, it does show that as an Option for the GT.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not much other than the choices are not final when you reserve (at least for other trims they were not, including paint color could be changed). When you convert to an actual order is when you will likely be able to pick the roof (assuming they allow different roof types as an option on the GT). The bad part of that for now is we don't know the pricing details of any options...

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'll concur with the others. If you are at all serious about this, go ahead and reserve. Most of us who converted our reservations to orders received a refund of the deposit from Ford within 3 days. I expect high demand on the GT.

OP
OP
sabat

sabat

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
Cheers, that's what I figured. I think there will be plenty of folks that would like to have their cake and eat it too. The 7500 tax credit won't last forever.
Sponsored