Demo model financing

Fury16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Has anyone purchased a demo/mannequin vehicle and used Ford financing? We are considering purchasing a demo model but the dealership states that they cannot provide us with financing details such as APR from Ford Credit until the demo officially comes out of service. They cannot guarantee the advertised 1.9% APR 60 months that Ford is currently offering due to “vehicle being a service vehicle.” I’m not sure why the vehicle being a demo vehicle would impact financing options from Ford? Our credit is great so no worries there on qualifying. Anyone have a similar situation?
Sponsored

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Has anyone purchased a demo/mannequin vehicle and used Ford financing? We are considering purchasing a demo model but the dealership states that they cannot provide us with financing details such as APR from Ford Credit until the demo officially comes out of service. They cannot guarantee the advertised 1.9% APR 60 months that Ford is currently offering due to “vehicle being a service vehicle.” I’m not sure why the vehicle being a demo vehicle would impact financing options from Ford? Our credit is great so no worries there on qualifying. Anyone have a similar situation?
I don't think the loan rate has anything to do with it being a demo. the dealer just doesn't want to commit to a rate that theoretically could change. I financed with ford standard 0.9% for 48 months, that rate has been the same for some time, I don't see anything in the next few months happening that would increase that rate. The other issue, some dealers have titled the demo , if that's the case you wouldn't be eligible for the tax credit, so be sure to confirm that befere buying.

OP
OP
Fury16

Fury16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Yes, we have confirmed that it has not been titled and that it is eligible for the rebate. We feel that the dealer is not being very transparent or forthcoming with any of our questions. Now it has “come to their attention” that the Mach needs a full brake and rotor replacement (at 2600 miles) We are seeing red flags here…

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Yes, we have confirmed that it has not been titled and that it is eligible for the rebate. We feel that the dealer is not being very transparent or forthcoming with any of our questions. Now it has “come to their attention” that the Mach needs a full brake and rotor replacement (at 2600 miles) We are seeing red flags here…
I'm thinking that's one to bypass. What could possibly cause a failure of brakes and rotors in 2600 miles, boggles the mind Have you done a search to see if dealers not far from you have cars similar in stock at msrp.

Omar

First Name
OMAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Make sure since is a demo you get a 1k or 2k off.

OP
OP
Fury16

Fury16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I'm thinking that's one to bypass. What could possibly cause a failure of brakes and rotors in 2600 miles, boggles the mind Have you done a search to see if dealers not far from you have cars similar in stock at msrp.
Yes, we have searched for a few weeks now. Unfortunately, we are in a Mach E wasteland lol. We actually have one on order but are afraid of the timeline being longer than anticipated. We were willing to make this work to get what we want now but too many red flags on this one!

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
Has anyone purchased a demo/mannequin vehicle and used Ford financing?
I just bought one, low miles with ford options. I had similar issues with getting the dealer to sign on provide financing info. but got help here on the forum.

You can go to the website build a similar car and next to the MSRP there is a little calculator that shows you the actual numbers from Ford finance for your Zip. Try it.