'Desired Charge Level Will Not Be Reached'

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
posting this here since it might be specific to UK home charging.

i set my car to charge from 2am to 6 am since that's when my energy provider has the lowest tariffs. i usuallyget 29kwh in those four hours.

however, i get this 'desired charge level' notification on my app at about 2 am.

is this standard behavior? the car shows that 29kwh have been pumped in so i am not worried about the actual charging.

2nd q:

i set my departure time to 7 am and my preconditioning is always set to 'warm'

is there a way to know if preconditioning has been done?

when i enter the car at 7ish, i feel that temp is above the 8-9C outside but i don't know what MME defines by 'warm.'

also, during preconditioning, do eheat and aircon come on automatically?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The vehicle tries to reach your targeted charge level each time it charges. That message tells you it won't get there.

Warm is 72f, 22c. Heat or AC comes on. Your message center should tell you it is done, and FordPass should show it happening at the time.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My car tells me EVERY SINGLE DAY that it won't reach the charge level on a L2 charger. I have it set to 90%, I can pull in at 86% and it will give me the error saying it can't reach charge level. I've even pulled in at 80% on a Friday night, charge window is from 12am to 2PM, FOURTEEN HOURS, and it will say it can't reach 90%.... Its annoying as hell.

I also will get the same error on the app when charging starts at 12am. I'll get one saying its starting to charge, one saying its done, then one saying it can't make the charge followed by one saying the conditioning has started.

The software is horrendous in this car...

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
My car tells me EVERY SINGLE DAY that it won't reach the charge level on a L2 charger. I have it set to 90%, I can pull in at 86% and it will give me the error saying it can't reach charge level. I've even pulled in at 80% on a Friday night, charge window is from 12am to 2PM, FOURTEEN HOURS, and it will say it can't reach 90%.... Its annoying as hell.

I also will get the same error on the app when charging starts at 12am. I'll get one saying its starting to charge, one saying its done, then one saying it can't make the charge followed by one saying the conditioning has started.

The software is horrendous in this car...
I get similar errors. I also see the solid amber light on my charger though so I might need a new one.

I also get a strange in car error from time to time that a charge setting conflict will leave my car only at 80%. Thing is, the car is already at 84%.

FBA08F2C-C6D4-4BD5-A134-DA73574FF37A.jpeg

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yup I also get the error saying my car won't meet the 97.3% (that number changes all the time from 93% and up) SoC that I have set.... I have also gotten the error you are talking about, but I only get that maybe once or twice a week.

The charging experience, which is the thing we use DAILY, is awful. I really give Ford no excuse to have a primary function like charging in such a poor state. I'll give them room for PAAK, Remote Start/lock, all that fluff stuff, but not for our daily charging experience. That should had been a priority the second they decided to build an EV.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I used to get it all the time until I simply turned off the notification. Its useless and doesn't provide any actionable information for me. (It basically means that it cannot charge to your set % given the charge windows timing but there is a bug in that it uses 120V charging to calculate-or some other math that results in a really long value--that instead of your last charge rate at the current location.)

In FordPass: Account->Settings->Notification Settings->VEHICLE ALERTS->Manage Individual notifications->Vehicle charging outside preferred times->OFF.

You'll never see it again.
Sponsored