Aina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 F-150, 21 MME GT-PE, 22 F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Education
Country flag
Sorry, there's nothing flat about Hawaii island. The only time you see level here is when you're passing through it. The island is formed by 5 volcanoes: MaunaKea (the correct name now btw), Mauna Loa, Kilauea, Hualalai, and Kohala. Even when you think it's flat, it's not. As a now-former ultradistance athlete, I can guarantee that the one "flat" coastal flat road is far from it. :)

Towing something here any distance, particularly the "wrong way," will be a chore. As an example, I average 8.8 miles per kWh driving the MME from home to Kailua town (the town everyone refers to by the name Kona). Going back on the same route? 2.2 miles per kWh. While we plan on getting a lightning, its towing duties will be limited. It'll be called on to haul more often, but not all that often. But when it does haul the tractor/mower to or from Kona for service, it'll start with a full charge.
Agreed... like the "small hills" comment earlier. Still waiting on a build date for my GT PE, and put in a reservation for an F150 Lightning too! But will probably keep the ICE F150 for off road needs and hauling. All that's left is for the dealer to mess up, lol. Hope they figured it all out with your order and the others on coming in on the island.
Sponsored