Display protection

danielespy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME RWD-ER Star White, Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Hi guys,
did any of you find news about “Tempered Glass Screen Protector“ like those that already exist for Tesla model 3 display? :)
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Haven't heard of any, yet. I'm sure we'll eventually see some available once the car is more widely available/etc.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I've never covered the displays of my phones, and the only reason I have a cover on my iPad is so that the Apple Pencil feels more like it is writing on paper. I mean . . . you can't DROP the Mach E Display . . . What would be the reason to "protect" it? Scratches from?

OP
OP

danielespy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME RWD-ER Star White, Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I've never covered the displays of my phones, and the only reason I have a cover on my iPad is so that the Apple Pencil feels more like it is writing on paper. I mean . . . you can't DROP the Mach E Display . . . What would be the reason to "protect" it? Scratches from?
Yes...I am thinking about scratches from sand or heavy dust....:eek:

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yes...I am thinking about scratches from sand or heavy dust....:eek:
I should have such problems . . . not too often I need to worry about sand around here. Snow or road salt? Maybe. Sand . . . seldom. ?

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
Hi guys,
did any of you find news about “Tempered Glass Screen Protector“ like those that already exist for Tesla model 3 display? :)
Interesting question. I hadn't thought about it, but I have always put tempered glass on my phones and my Nintendo Switch. I suspect it'll be tricky to get a protector that large on without bubbles showing, but they're never very expensive. I'll have to see what the aftermarket comes up with.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Hi guys,
I haven't seen them but given that vendors made different protectors very quickly for Sync 1 with Nav, MFT, and Sync 3, I'm sure we'll see something... I think the question will be how many different options. The volume is such that I suspect it won't be a lot of options, so it might be just a matte protector from one vendor or something.

it's not hard to make a particular size protector, it's just the other pieces around the tooling and packaging and so on - are there going to be enough owners for it to make sense to some mass-market Chinese OEM? probably. but I wouldn't expect to see it from like 10 vendors or something.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I've been using dayvue by nushield for a few years now on 10" screens, and they do cut down on glare and way down on fingerprints, and make it easier to clean. Not sure if I'll get one for the mach e or not until I see how the stock screen is in use.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Remember that you'll have to install it around the knob.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
yes, I see that problem, but I hope if we can land rockets we can fix that problem. If not mad max here we come.
Yes, not a big problem, just a complication to installation. It would make it more difficult to lay the tempered glass protector onto the screen corner to corner or end to end to minimize bubbles as it will need to be nearly parallel to the screen to fit over the knob.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Yes, not a big problem, just a complication to installation. It would make it more difficult to lay the tempered glass protector onto the screen corner to corner or end to end to minimize bubbles as it will need to be nearly parallel to the screen to fit over the knob.
I have enough trouble getting a protector on my cell phone, and just barely got my MFT protector on without jacking it up. I'm not sure I could deal with applying a protector this big.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I have enough trouble getting a protector on my cell phone, and just barely got my MFT protector on without jacking it up. I'm not sure I could deal with applying a protector this big.
The "Paperlike" protector I bought for my iPad came with two skins. Good thing as I too jacked up the first one.
Sponsored