Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I respect your choice but no way around the fact that a run flat will have a stiffer ride. The sidewalls need to be stiff enough to support the weight of the car with no air In the tire. I say that for the rest of the public. personally I think the MME has a stuff enough ride and would not do anything to make it worse.

I will also say I have driven the drive guard it's a decent tire. Probably the most comfortable run flat in the market. but compared to a touring tire built for comfort it's harsh.

PS I was using AAA as an example.
Here’s an article I saw this morning going through my phone.

Companies like Vredestein with its Quatrac Pro EV model are now offering tires made specifically for electric cars.

Michelin also has a number of "EV-ready" tire models in its roster, like the Pilot Sport EV Summer tire, reflecting the different needs of customers with electric vehicles.

According to the fresh J.D. Power 2024 U.S. Original Equipment Tire Customer Satisfaction Study, EV owners are largely surprised by the faster wearing of their tires. As one dealer puts it, EV tires are "the new oil change," referring to the regular service tax that ICE vehicle owners are intimately familiar with.
Sponsored

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Here’s an article I saw this morning going through my phone.

Companies like Vredestein with its Quatrac Pro EV model are now offering tires made specifically for electric cars.

Michelin also has a number of "EV-ready" tire models in its roster, like the Pilot Sport EV Summer tire, reflecting the different needs of customers with electric vehicles.

According to the fresh J.D. Power 2024 U.S. Original Equipment Tire Customer Satisfaction Study, EV owners are largely surprised by the faster wearing of their tires. As one dealer puts it, EV tires are "the new oil change," referring to the regular service tax that ICE vehicle owners are intimately familiar with.
I haven't had a set on long enough to see if they will get the milage. But from looking at this forum that's more of a Tesla problem. So likely it's not EV specific it is probably more to do with the tire choices Tesla has made for OE tires.

Got my new "winter" tires yesterday. Although they aren't the Quatrac Pro EV they have the same efficiency rating. An in a humour not they were made in week 53 or 23, odd.

IMG20240328085113.jpg

IMG20240328085121.jpg

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I haven't had a set on long enough to see if they will get the milage. But from looking at this forum that's more of a Tesla problem. So likely it's not EV specific it is probably more to do with the tire choices Tesla has made for OE tires.

Got my new "winter" tires yesterday. Although they aren't the Quatrac Pro EV they have the same efficiency rating. An in a humour not they were made in week 53 or 23, odd.

IMG20240328085113.jpg

IMG20240328085121.jpg
Nice yeah, the other article referring to Tesla below that article was the new model two will be able to charge in 15 minutes. That would be great if I had a Tesla