Does anyone subscribe to Sirius XM?

Does anyone subscribe to Sirius XM? Why? Choose all that apply.

• Total voters

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Same here. I call every 6 months to 12 months. Put the date to call and “cancel” in my phone with the account number and every time I get the $5.00 per month plus tax.

I have two subscriptions.…both EVs.
I'll have to try that. I have three subscriptions. I used to do the same thing with my NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV. That reminds me, another reason I like Sirius is the NFL channel.
Sponsored

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
As many have said, I have it in all my vehicles for $5/month. Once they run out, they will send you all kinds of deals. Quality is great and if you have four or five stations queued up, you just switch if you're not into what's playing. And then there is sports talk, political, comedy, etc. if that is what you are in the mood for.

When I consider how much I am in my car listening to music compared to how much I watch TV vs what I pay for satellite radio compared to what I pay for streaming services. This is probably one of the better deals in my life right now.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
I personally feel that Sirius XM is a waste. It's expensive, audio quality is *meh* at best, and the stations repeat songs ALL THE TIME!

So here's my question. Does anyone subscribe to it anymore? If so, what's your reasoning?

I feel like every new car has xm radio, but I've maybe met one person with a subscription. Seems like a waste of money to build it in if nobody uses it.. Right?

On the other hand maybe there's a bigger demand for it than I thought... Where do you stand?
I've never paid for it myself, just took advantage of the free trials in my 2018 Civic and now Mach E. Overall I do like it but not that much to pay monthly for it. The only station that I noticed songs on repeat is BPM. Love the station but after like an hour and a half, you'll start to notice the same songs again.

Imkayla88

First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I've been an XM customer since before they merged with Sirius. I love switching between Liquid Metal, Octane, Turbo, Chill, BPM, 90's on 9, and Pop2k. There is ALWAYS something on one of those that I want to hear and I don't have to suffer through commercials. Regular radio kills my soul.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I got tired of the I'm going to cancel subscription oh wait a minute what if we give you a year for $20 nonsense. Every year for a couple of years played that game. Amazon prime music and Carplay is my default and I will never pay for XM again.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've had Sirius/XM for years, and I love it. I listen to a lot of talk radio and sports, and I love being able to drive hours and hundreds of miles without losing reception. I agree it's a bit expensive, but I easily get my money's worth.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
We pay for it in both our vehicles. About $450 a year for the two. We still have Youtube music, Apple music such. We like the variety channels, my wife loves the hosts on a few channels. Things you cannot get elsewhere. I like it mostly for sports, and sports talk radio, especially football. I can listen to multiple games while driving. We're huge sports fans, and we really like the channels.

We also use it when working out, on the boat, etc. The app allows every channel we can use in the car.

Like most people, we weigh the costs versus what we get. We find it is worth it for us. $450 isn't a big deal for a year worth of what we like to listen to.

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Like several others, I have it at a discounted rate, because when on long (but routine) road trips here in the intermountain west, cell coverage and terrestrial radio coverage can both be spotty - usually simultaneously!

You tell me where the cell tower/radio station is in this photo!

00510070-ECF8-4B5B-BD93-9ABA09F2776A.jpeg
Beautiful!