Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
So, if I read this right, you no longer love the car and don't care about protecting it. How much to get you to part with this despised, un-cared for POS? LOL
Based on comparison from Carvana, I may be willing to take a loss at $70,000.

Just not sure it will cover the pain and suffering. These nightmares are terrible.
Sponsored

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Our FE RR... now has it's 2nd ding... I parked next to a right-of-way marker (concrete)... opened the driver's door... :(

The first ding was in the parking lot of a restaurant 1 week after having it PPF and Ceramic... a lady parked really close and then her passenger got out in a hurry... the entire car rocked from the impact. fortunately that was only PPF damage... The lady sped out of the lot before we could get up from our food... :(

My ding with less force is more painful to look at and know is there... cross posted in the RR thread.

I know others have experienced worse.. But this was a car that I wanted to love and protect.
I park so far from everything, my family hates driving with me. Which is quite the bonus so I don't have them in there getting fingerprints on my paint and dirt from shoes in my MME!!! #takethewife'scar

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I learned the hard way that no matter how far out you park they will still come and get you! I received the Mother of all Door dings in Raleigh, NC. This happened several years ago but the memory is still painful! There was no one within 50 yards of where I parked and I was only in the store for a few minutes. While I was inside this woman parked next to us ( my wife stayed in the car) and her Passenger threw open the door and jammed it into the side of our car so hard that she could not pull it back off!!! I used my foot for leverage against the door and was able to break her door loose but what a nightmare!!!!

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
I park so far from everything, my family hates driving with me. Which is quite the bonus so I don't have them in there getting fingerprints on my paint and dirt from shoes in my MME!!! #takethewife'scar
The anxiety was really getting to me, so I finally decided to just not drive my car any more. The chances of getting dings in my garage are very low, so I have great peace of mind.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
I learned the hard way that no matter how far out you park they will still come and get you! I received the Mother of all Door dings in Raleigh, NC. This happened several years ago but the memory is still painful! There was no one within 50 yards of where I parked and I was only in the store for a few minutes. While I was inside this woman parked next to us ( my wife stayed in the car) and her Passenger threw open the door and jammed it into the side of our car so hard that she could not pull it back off!!! I used my foot for leverage against the door and was able to break her door loose but what a nightmare!!!!
You are a better Man then me ! I would have put my foot somewhere else

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Our FE RR... now has it's 2nd ding... I parked next to a right-of-way marker (concrete)... opened the driver's door... :(

The first ding was in the parking lot of a restaurant 1 week after having it PPF and Ceramic... a lady parked really close and then her passenger got out in a hurry... the entire car rocked from the impact. fortunately that was only PPF damage... The lady sped out of the lot before we could get up from our food... :(

My ding with less force is more painful to look at and know is there... cross posted in the RR thread.

I know others have experienced worse.. But this was a car that I wanted to love and protect.
Oh, that is painful and really sucks. I remember my first new car door ding. It happened to be exactly like the shape of the drier door which is next to the car. Ugh!

A funny story about the first ding. My wife and I did the guided tour at BMW when we were in Munich. It goes through the factor and ends up in the showroom. You can order your BMW and pick it up there. They make a production out of it. You can even drive it around and then they will ship it to you. We asked the tour guide the oddest thing he has seen during the pick up. This guy came in to pick up his high end car. Walks around it to ensure it was flawless. When he is satisfied, he walks up to the bumper, takes out his key and nicks the bumper. The first one is the hardest and I guess the guy was pre-emptively helping get over the pain.

Endokendal

First Name
Kendal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE Mach E, 2018 Mustang GT 6-Speed
Country flag
The anxiety was really getting to me, so I finally decided to just not drive my car any more. The chances of getting dings in my garage are very low, so I have great peace of mind.
Hah! You would think so... some idiot (me) lost grip of the door of his 2018 GT mustang when getting out, and the nice pointy body line edge on the door put a nice dimple in the flat panel of my rear passenger door on my Mach E. I was so fricken mad at myself... my first door ding on either car because I take such care to park away from everybody...
Sponsored