OP
RhodyGT

RhodyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 X3M40i, ‘21 GTPE
Country flag
The door fault warning at each start means there is a fault that should be looked at. Is your car still under warranty? If so, your dealer should be able to diagnose and repair.
If you read the original post you would see that I called the dealer and they gave me an appointment 4 weeks out so I am still waiting for 5/12 to come…
Sponsored

OP
OP
RhodyGT

RhodyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 X3M40i, ‘21 GTPE
Country flag
Dealer called this morning saying Ford called them. Taking the car 5/9 instead of 5/12, giving me a loaner but he said not sure what it will be until Monday...could be an F150...that would be hilarious. Anyway, they are taking in a couple days early, but stated they may not be able to look at it right away so more taking it early for safety and to call them if the door opens again and they will take it sooner. I'm guessing it is just a door sensor so the fix should be simple but the underlying issue is a coding problem that Ford needs to figure out and patch.

OP
OP
RhodyGT

RhodyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 X3M40i, ‘21 GTPE
Country flag
Ford pushed the issue further and told the dealer to take the car ASAP due to safety concern which is great! Giving me a loaner but as others have noted with service...we may not see the car for awhile...

OP
OP
RhodyGT

RhodyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 X3M40i, ‘21 GTPE
Country flag
Dropped off my GTPE at the dealer this morning and picked up a nice Ford Explorer. Service department was great. A few hours later they called back and said a Ford tech actually came to the dealer to diagnosis the issue and determined it has a bad latch mechanism. Apparently a known issue. They are hoping the part arrive Monday and its a quick fix. Asked them to update all the modules while they were at it. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored