Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE and 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My current MKCs and previous Escape have Travel Link, which provides very good realtime Weather information including a Map that shows "live" weather fronts, etc. Lincoln includes this for 6 years as long as one subscribes to Sirius XM.

My question, somewhere I read that the Mustang Mach E has within Sync4a something that may also provide Weather info including Weather Maps, true? If so, any info you can point me to that would display that? Many thanks...Tom
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
My current MKCs and previous Escape have Travel Link, which provides very good realtime Weather information including a Map that shows "live" weather fronts, etc. Lincoln includes this for 6 years as long as one subscribes to Sirius XM.

My question, somewhere I read that the Mustang Mach E has within Sync4a something that may also provide Weather info including Weather Maps, true? If so, any info you can point me to that would display that? Many thanks...Tom
The Mach-E will support many of the latest SiriusXM features (such as 360L) so it is likely that it will also show a lot of the TravelLink data as well (unless they want to use something better!?).

https://www.motortrend.com/news/what-is-siriusxm-with-360l-streaming-audio/

OP
OP

TxTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE and 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Mach-E will support many of the latest SiriusXM features (such as 360L) so it is likely that it will also show a lot of the TravelLink data as well (unless they want to use something better!?).

Hope this 360L provides something like Travel Link's weather map feature. In Texas it is very useful to avoid hail and tornadoes! Somewhere I thought I read Sync4A could be set up to view "Accuweather" or some other weather app? Thanks for your reply...

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I hope they use something better than Travel Link. I have it in other cars and it constantly pops up weather emergency alerts for areas that are 100 miles or more away from me. It's annoying because there's no way to turn it off.

Bdunn

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Explorer XLT, 2018 Ecosport Titanium,
Occupation
Aviation Consultant
Country flag
Has anyone figured out yet if the Travel Link function is included in the Sync4A system? I certainly can't find it. While traffic was always an "iffy" proposition, I used the fuel pricing and weather maps on a regular basis.

I've searched the menus far and wide and can't find any reference to Sirius even to check the length of the subscription. Have I missed it?

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
When the map is displayed, you can press the tools button and select weather. Also, you press the voice button and ask for the weather.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Doppler-type Weather Display in Sync4A IMG_0284

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag

I hope they don’t rely on Sirius for weather data. I have no use for satellite radio, and will be upset that in order to get weather updates I’m forced to subscribe to a radio service.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I hope they don’t rely on Sirius for weather data. I have no use for satellite radio, and will be upset that in order to get weather updates I’m forced to subscribe to a radio service.
There's two things there - assuming it's using Travel Link, that has its own subscription.

So that's why I say two things - no, you don't need satellite radio, but it is a subscription.

NavWeather is a bit pricy though since you have to get the top level: SiriusXM Travel Link

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
There's two things there - assuming it's using Travel Link, that has its own subscription.

So that's why I say two things - no, you don't need satellite radio, but it is a subscription.

NavWeather is a bit pricy though since you have to get the top level: SiriusXM Travel Link
Might be easy to figure out: Go to the settings page where subscriptions are; if it lists a subscription for travel link then there's your answer.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Might be easy to figure out: Go to the settings page where subscriptions are; if it lists a subscription for travel link then there's your answer.
that would require me to have a car. ?

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
This is something I suggested to Apple years ago ... add a weather overlay option to the navigation maps. It somewhat surprises me that none of the platforms have done this.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
that would require me to have a car. ?
Well yeah and me to not be lazy enough to go check...ok putting laptop down and walking out to the car....

Ok:
SXM subscription is audio only.
Map data is Garmin/HERE
Traffic is TomTom
Weather is AccuWeather (SXM doesn't use AccuWeather at least they didn't when I worked there..)

(This is just from looking at the copyrights and EULA's and pressing the "audio subscription" button on the radio.)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Well yeah and me to not be lazy enough to go check...ok putting laptop down and walking out to the car....

Ok:
SXM subscription is audio only.
Map data is Garmin/HERE
Traffic is TomTom
Weather is AccuWeather (SXM doesn't use AccuWeather at least they didn't when I worked there..)

(This is just from looking at the copyrights and EULA's and pressing the "audio subscription" button on the radio.)
Interesting. I wonder if Ford sends it through the cell modem... I also wonder if they consider it part of the navigation subscription.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. I wonder if Ford sends it through the cell modem... I also wonder if they consider it part of the navigation subscription.
That would be my guess: That it comes via the modem. Weather and Traffic data doesn't use much bandwidth so wouldn't really cost them much.

Perhaps its included in the free 3 years of Ford Pass.

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
I don't think it uses Sirus for the weather. When there is no cell phone connection, you can not display the weather.
Sponsored