Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Prem 4X (sold) and 2022 Space White GTPE
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Took my 2021 AWD Premium MACH E into the dealership yesterday because it was making a 'clicking' sound while the accelerator was engaged. I've only had the car about a month or so - took delivery the end of October. Dealer called saying it was a "drive motor' issue....I think??? And that they were trying to find the part. No clue on when I would get the car back. Might be able to give me a loaner...but...it was like finding a unicorn - their words....not mine. Anyone heard of this issue? Any ideas on how long to fix? Just hate to have a month old car - that I paid almost $60,000 for (after taxes)- in the shop....that I can't drive. I don't have a back up car.

ps... I'm getting disgruntled.......Second time in the shop - only owning the car for 6 weeks. @Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Day 6 - Drive motor has been shipped - "May" arrive on Friday. Dealer said it would be a 2-3 day repair once it arrives. No loaner car to drive as of today - maybe tomorrow???? :-(. How is one supposed to get to work? Dealer is being as helpful as they can - but seriously - The car is 6 weeks old....and I can't drive it - even though I still have to pay insurance etc......

Just bummed.....

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Day 25 - No car.....still in the shop......still no part. I'm really beginning to question my choice to buy this car. I LOVED it for the 4 weeks I got to drive it <sigh>. Plates have expired....but I don't wan't to pay $1300 to the DMV yet - until I know if my car is going to be a lemon or not.

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
1/13/22 - Service rep called this evening. Drive motor has been replaced. My MME went on an initial test drive with the service tech - and all seemed to be working properly. Rep said that Ford is requiring a 100 mile test drive before the car can be released back to me.....Maybe by Monday. Ford Pass App informed me that there has been a hard reset of the vehicle - so I no longer can track it - which kind of bothers me. I'm just hoping all goes well during the test drive - and I get my baby back on Monday. Overall, I appreciate the communication from my local service rep. I am still hopeful that this will fix my problem - and I'll go back to stress free driving!

Gixxer750

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW Golf R; 2021 ER AWD Rapid Red
Occupation
Innovation Guru
Country flag
1/13/22 - Service rep called this evening. Drive motor has been replaced. My MME went on an initial test drive with the service tech - and all seemed to be working properly. Rep said that Ford is requiring a 100 mile test drive before the car can be released back to me.....Maybe by Monday. Ford Pass App informed me that there has been a hard reset of the vehicle - so I no longer can track it - which kind of bothers me. I'm just hoping all goes well during the test drive - and I get my baby back on Monday. Overall, I appreciate the communication from my local service rep. I am still hopeful that this will fix my problem - and I'll go back to stress free driving!
A 100 mile test? That sounds excessive. And a reset... It sounds fishy but maybe one of the more service savvy members can comment.

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
A 100 mile test? That sounds excessive. And a reset... It sounds fishy but maybe one of the more service savvy members can comment.
Considering most of the people that would probably be doing that test would have less experience driving the car and being familiar with it than the owner would at this point, that seems pretty stupid.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They promised somebody a long test drive. I’ll bet.

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
I hear you! I was concerned at first too....but - early on - when I contacted the Ford Company - via dm - here on this website, I was assigned a case and a case manager - separate from the dealer. He confirmed via email about the 100 mile test drive. They have to test - and do diagnostic stuff to it along the way. I did just send a text to my service rep asking why it was reset - and if will be kept overnight in the service department. I really don't want my car in someone else's driveway :-(

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
I am more interested in the reset - Has anyone else had a service department do that? What would be the purpose. He didn't mention a reset on the phone when I talked with him last night....I just got the message via my Ford Pass app.

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
I am more interested in the reset - Has anyone else had a service department do that? What would be the purpose. He didn't mention a reset on the phone when I talked with him last night....I just got the message via my Ford Pass app.
Update - 1/16/22 - Got a text midday that my car was ready yesterday. Went in around two to pick it up. Drove home (about 20 miles) and around town for a few errands and she sounds great - just like when I first brought her home, so I'm confident the replacement of the drive motor did the trick. I did have to set her up again in Ford Pass - and all the other first time settings (which was a pain), but all in all, I'm just happy to have my car back.

Here's to NO more issues!
Sponsored