Dry Ice in the Frunk

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Someone is going to put dry ice in the frunk, and damage something and then complain about it.

Really, really, really bad idea.
Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I'd put dry ice in the frunk and add a little water. Then it'd look like smoke coming from an overheated radiator. Classic.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Lol this is silly but we have a newborn baby and the lactation consultants said if we lose power for a long time sticking some dry ice in the freezer (not in contact with the breast milk) will preserve it properly. So I was thinking what if we put the frozen milk and dry ice in the Frunk for traveling. Silly I know. As I said above, if we were going to do that we should have an ice box that it all goes in before going in the Frunk or anywhere else.
You could also just power your fridge from an inverter connected to the 12 V LVB in an emergency.

OP
OP
StillWaitingForMachE

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
As I said, I'm sleep deprived and it was a random thought.

And even in my sleep deprived state I wouldn't try it without being 100% sure it wouldnt cause damage.

Lastly, I don't even have my Mach E yet (hence my username), so I couldn't try it even if I wanted to.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Now you have me wondering about Halloween props and running a smoke machine from the frunk. :p

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
lactation consultants
There IS such a thing? I canā€™t even find an appropriate and inoffensive emoji to express my reaction! Iā€™m fairly sure my mother didnā€™t have ā€œlactation consultantsā€ and the only thing she was refrigerating was a pitcher of martinis (which never lasted long in our home).

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
So to be clear, your goal is just transporting some dry ice to use at home? Frunk is probably fine for a short time. Put it in a blanket to protect the frunk liner. By the way: dry ice will not ā€œkeepā€ at home. Once you take it away from the store, it will start to sublime. It will also sublime in your freezer. Expect it to be gone in a couple of days. (Make a cool cocktail while you have it though! Just donā€™t ingest any.)

Whatever you do, donā€™t seal the dry ice in anything that doesnā€™t let the gasses escape. Thatā€™s called a bomb, and that will void your warranty.
Wait - isnā€™t the frunk airtight? At least on Job 1s? (I donā€™t know how the drain works, but I thought the claim was Job 1s canā€™t have remote frunk release because the compartment is airtight and a child could suffocate, or something equally illogical?)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Wait - isnā€™t the frunk airtight? At least on Job 1s? (I donā€™t know how the drain works, but I thought the claim was Job 1s canā€™t have remote frunk release because the compartment is airtight and a child could suffocate, or something equally illogical?)
No, it's not airtight.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
There IS such a thing? I canā€™t even find an appropriate and inoffensive emoji to express my reaction! Iā€™m fairly sure my mother didnā€™t have ā€œlactation consultantsā€ and the only thing she was refrigerating was a pitcher of martinis (which never lasted long in our home).
So your mom breast fed you, and was drinking a lot of alcohol at the time. Makes some threads totally understandable now... šŸ¤£, including wanting a frunk button...

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
They do, and theyā€™re awesome for new moms.

But only if you enjoy sleep and donā€™t like the sound of crying babies.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
I'd put dry ice in the frunk and add a little water. Then it'd look like smoke coming from an overheated radiator. Classic.
"Hey, Earl! You let the magic smoke out!"

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Lol this is silly but we have a newborn baby and the lactation consultants said if we lose power for a long time sticking some dry ice in the freezer (not in contact with the breast milk) will preserve it properly. So I was thinking what if we put the frozen milk and dry ice in the Frunk for traveling. Silly I know. As I said above, if we were going to do that we should have an ice box that it all goes in before going in the Frunk or anywhere else.
The idea came to you at a 3am feeding, I bet.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The frunk tub and associated beauty panels are made from a type of ABS plastic. ABS generally is safe to about -20C or -4F. Dry Ice is probably not a good fit with the frunk tub. šŸ˜±šŸ©
Sponsored