Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Remember when we used to have to gently apply the brake peddle to drag the brakes to dry them after hitting a lake at the side of the road?

How is this accomplished now? There is no indication on the dash that the brakes are being applied vs regen.

Wish list: small indicator on the dash indicating when you're actually braking.
Sponsored

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
If you need to do this manually you can temporarily switch to N/neutral and use the brake pedal as normal, it will not use the motors at all when in neutral, just the friction brakes.

Other than that it should do this automatically, otherwise the brakes will be destroyed by corrosion. I think it is supposed to mix some friction brakes into the mix just for the purpose of maintaining the brake discs.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
After I wash my car at home and park in the garage, the next time I drive it my brake shoes are stuck (rusted?) to the rotor and release with a loud noise. The brakes make a scraping sound for a short time, as the rust gets scraped off. The next time I wash my car, I will drive it for a few minutes to (hopefully) remove the water from the brakes, before I park it. There is a hill right outside the neighborhood, I can go to the top then back down at 40-50mph, that should throw off most of the water by means of centrifugal force.
Does regen work in reverse? In the old days you could adjust drum brakes by going in reverse then hitting the brakes hard. I'm wondering if that would use any regen or just brakes, if it would effectively clear the water off the brakes.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Audi's have a problem with squeaky brakes and the answer is always to go do a spirited driving acceleration and brake. If they can do it a Mustang can do it. Just drive like you want to put those nay-sayers in their places. :)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
This was more necessary with drum brakes than with discs, as the rotors tend to sling the water off better than the drums.

That said, it's still necessary with disc brakes after a good dunking. I always drag the brakes on my Blazer after a crossing (aftermarket rear disc brake conversion).

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Does regen work in reverse? In the old days you could adjust drum brakes by going in reverse then hitting the brakes hard. I'm wondering if that would use any regen or just brakes, if it would effectively clear the water off the brakes.
I expect regen is the same forward or reverse. But if you press hard enough on the brake pedal, you'll also be using friction brakes no matter what direction you're heading.
Sponsored