Electrical System Drain Service Required 😩

Machroots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
I just got my third electrical drain on my car. After the first two I took it into the dealer and they said they performed a bunch of updates on the car. Now two days ago I just got another one. Car has been charging fine when it starts at midnight. Also weird this morning before taking car into the dealer both my uphill assist and precollision were said to be disabled when I started the car.
Frustrating part when I took the car into the dealership today, they informed me that their one tech that works are the cars is out until the 29th. Hoping nothing major happens until then.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I just got my third electrical drain on my car. After the first two I took it into the dealer and they said they performed a bunch of updates on the car. Now two days ago I just got another one. Car has been charging fine when it starts at midnight. Also weird this morning before taking car into the dealer both my uphill assist and precollision were said to be disabled when I started the car.
Frustrating part when I took the car into the dealership today, they informed me that their one tech that works are the cars is out until the 29th. Hoping nothing major happens until then.
Hi there! I can look into your Mach-E's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Mach-E's VIN?

Pinballandbeer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CA RT 1
I have run into this issue twice now. The first time I got the message a few times about electrical drain. I turned off PAAK. Still got the issue. Brought it in and they did updates. It was good for about a month and now I'm getting the same issue again. This is getting to be really frustrating. This is the 3rd time the car has been in the shop in the last 6 months and twice for the same issue.

Space_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E awdX
Country flag
I have run into this issue twice now. The first time I got the message a few times about electrical drain. I turned off PAAK. Still got the issue. Brought it in and they did updates. It was good for about a month and now I'm getting the same issue again. This is getting to be really frustrating. This is the 3rd time the car has been in the shop in the last 6 months and twice for the same issue.
How many miles is your mme driven in a typical day? I've heard about this problem on cars that aren't driven much and suspect that the lvb is not being charged adequately.
My mme is driven at least 30 miles daily and the lvb soc is normally between 70-92% and I have never seen this message.

Pinballandbeer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CA RT 1
How many miles is your mme driven in a typical day? I've heard about this problem on cars that aren't driven much and suspect that the lvb is not being charged adequately.
My mme is driven at least 30 miles daily and the lvb soc is normally between 70-92% and I have never seen this message.
Lots of short trips under 5 miles. How can I monitor the lvb soc?

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium Extended
Country flag
I just got this today as well after leaving my car out on the street for an overnight not plugged in. The only thing I have plugged in is a volt meter in the accessory port in the center console, to monitor the LVB voltage. Could that be the cause of the drain? Once I started the car and driving it, the warning went away and hasn't returned.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrical System Drain Service Required 😩 IMG_5311

PicoR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium 4X
Country flag
I just got the message for the second time this year. Both times the car was parked in the driveway and not in the garage. One of the key FOBs was left overnight near the front door and I think caused it. Nothing is plugged in. This is not a user error issue.
Sponsored