Estimated range is too high!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Besides the fact that you can't compare insurance costs across geographies, people, credit ratings, etc., the insurance industry has been dramatically raising costs the past few years. Mine went to 6 month auto policies to raise them more often...

The cost of all insurance is climbing rapidly. Between auto, home, and liability, I'm closer to $10k a year than $5k a year, and I don't live in CA or FL or TX.

My insurance company tried to tell me that after a big valuation increase last year, my house was going up again over 10% (what the house is valued for, which then leads to higher premiums). Last year I complained, and they said they had a new valuation model, but if it led to even a higher number, it would be used. So I didn't do it. This year I rolled the dice. Ended up 3% below last year's number, and over a 10% reduction in the coming year's proposed cost.
Sponsored

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
That just means they overcharge you if you don’t use it. Time to switch carriers.
I live in Florida which has no-fault insurance, so I am paying for bad drivers. I also live in the most densely populated county. Lots of traffic, accidents, fraud, and lawyers that like to brag on TV how much money they bleed from insurance companies, etc. I have great coverage to protect my family and my assets.
On Friday I was driving on a 2-lane road where the speed limit was 40mph. I was the 4th or 5th car in line and the lead car was doing 25mph. A woman behind me was honking her horn and having a conniption behind the wheel. People around here drive like a bat out of hell, or like they are dragging an anchor, which causes road rage, and/or bad accidents.