Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e CR1
Occupation
Lawyer
Country flag
I searched the forum thoroughly for this issue, but haven’t seen any answers. I am very concerned that something is wrong.

My ‘22 premium AWD ER GOM says 305 miles on a 100% charge! Its a bit warm outside (80-90 degrees). Official EPA range is 277. Did I get the extra-extended battery? Or maybe they gave me a 2024 model seeing how the range goes up every year (despite the exact same battery and drivetrain technology). Maybe I need to take it to a dealer, they may know something I dont.
We have the extended range battery. When we drive by the book the car will give an estimated range of 330+- at 90%.
I also have an extended range battery, yet I haven’t gotten close to 300, much less 312. I’m in upstate NY and it’s been in the 50s. Car is only ten days old and I’m sad that I don’t have the range I expected. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I also have an extended range battery, yet I haven’t gotten close to 300, much less 312. I’m in upstate NY and it’s been in the 50s. Car is only ten days old and I’m sad that I don’t have the range I expected. Has anyone else experienced this?
It depends on how you drive the car. If you drive exactly the same way as the EPA test, you will get EPA range. If you drive slower, you will get better than EPA range. If you drive faster, you will get worse then EPA range. I get about 220 miles of range on the highway. That's normal for 75-80mph.

All this assumes a warm battery, though. If your battery is cold, you will get less range.

OP
OP

EVnewbie3000

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I think Mike and David have it all wrong. Obviously the OP filled up with EXtra Capacitive InTensive Electrons (EXCITE). These electrons are EXCITEd, but there's nothing excited about the driving style when you get them. You just go a looooooooooong (yawn) way.

😉
nope, never

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Susan, I have a California RT1 RWD that lives along the SF Bay where average temperatures have ranges between 50-60 this spring and summer (this is a historically cool year).

When I view the trip details screen early in the first drive of the day, I regularly see the car using about 10% of energy to keep the battery at an optimal temperature until ambient air is above 65 degrees. I’m also not seeing 300 plus miles unless the previous day involved moderate speeds and higher ambient temperatures (eg 70F).

One thing you can do to improve your mileage is if you’re able, plug your car into the charger and precondition the car and battery (using FordPass) before your first of the day. As a car warms up the cabin, it will also warm up the battery to the optimal temperature and you should see better mileage.

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
FordPass is in on it. A recent (enough) trip to the grocery store.
IMG_4682.jpeg

Good to see they’re finally giving some real numbers to us. :p
these are just the inverted energy values as seen in the movie Tenet.
🤣

Susan Taylor

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e CR1
Occupation
Lawyer
Country flag
Susan, I have a California RT1 RWD that lives along the SF Bay where average temperatures have ranges between 50-60 this spring and summer (this is a historically cool year).

When I view the trip details screen early in the first drive of the day, I regularly see the car using about 10% of energy to keep the battery at an optimal temperature until ambient air is above 65 degrees. I’m also not seeing 300 plus miles unless the previous day involved moderate speeds and higher ambient temperatures (eg 70F).

One thing you can do to improve your mileage is if you’re able, plug your car into the charger and precondition the car and battery (using FordPass) before your first of the day. As a car warms up the cabin, it will also warm up the battery to the optimal temperature and you should see better mileage.
Thanks; I’ll try preconditioning. Also, just to be clear, I am not talking about the mileage I am actually getting. I am talking about what the car tells me is a 90% or 100% charge. Which, so far, has been below 300. First longer road trip today. I otherwise completely love the car.

Fatty Lumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4x extended
Country flag
Thanks; I’ll try preconditioning. Also, just to be clear, I am not talking about the mileage I am actually getting. I am talking about what the car tells me is a 90% or 100% charge. Which, so far, has been below 300. First longer road trip today. I otherwise completely love the car.
Your car is only 10 days old. Typically the car is delivered with a lower range estimate. It will need time to learn your driving style to more accurately predict your range, like 2000 miles. Focus on the miles/kWh you are getting, if you are averaging 3.3 or above your range is 300+. Updates also tend to reset the estimate so don’t freak out if you get in your car one morning and the range estimate has dropped by 30miles overnight Preconditioning is a waste of energy unless it is very cold and you need the extra range.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I searched the forum thoroughly for this issue, but haven’t seen any answers. I am very concerned that something is wrong.

My ‘22 premium AWD ER GOM says 305 miles on a 100% charge! Its a bit warm outside (80-90 degrees). Official EPA range is 277. Did I get the extra-extended battery? Or maybe they gave me a 2024 model seeing how the range goes up every year (despite the exact same battery and drivetrain technology). Maybe I need to take it to a dealer, they may know something I dont.
Miles will drop very fast. We have a GTPE and on a hot day at 100pct it showed 298. Drop off was immediate. We do have a summer average of 280 driving hiway at 65 mph 80 deg with ac on 68 fan 2 running 3kwh. 50 and under at 3.5 kwh to 4.0kwh. Kick it in the ass and wow does it drop like 1.7kw . Its how you drive.

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
Idk how y'all are still nice to people complaining about GOM. Y'all are better people than me lol

Susan Taylor

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e CR1
Occupation
Lawyer
Country flag
Your car is only 10 days old. Typically the car is delivered with a lower range estimate. It will need time to learn your driving style to more accurately predict your range, like 2000 miles. Focus on the miles/kWh you are getting, if you are averaging 3.3 or above your range is 300+. Updates also tend to reset the estimate so don’t freak out if you get in your car one morning and the range estimate has dropped by 30miles overnight Preconditioning is a waste of energy unless it is very cold and you need the extra range.
Very helpful: thanks. I got 3.3 miles/kWh today. And I didn’t know the car was smart enough to learn my driving style. That wasn’t true of our ID4.

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
I use a insurance app and I drive sensibly enough that when I unplugged her this morning, it said 351 miles at 90%. I want to drive it like I have always driven, but the app lowers my rate by $1,200 per year. Florida has been hot and it's also flat land.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They should be along any minute now.
After being mocked like this, they'll probably just move on to forums for other Ford models and put this one on ignore. I probably would. "If they don't appreciate our help, so be it."

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
After being mocked like this, they'll probably just move on to forums for other Ford models and put this one on ignore. I probably would. "If they don't appreciate our help, so be it."
They could mitigate the mocking by providing actual help.