Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I have had the car on charge for a good solid 3 hrs now. According to my battery charger it says 95% and 14.3volts. FDRS says the same voltage in the lower corner. However I was just alerted via the Android Widget that my LVB is low at 13Volts. How is this possible, do I not have a setting correct on the charger..? How long do I need to keep this thing on a charge?

The odd thing is if I open the car door to wake the car up the battery charger then shows 100% so not sure what to believe anymore. I have stopped running updates or lack there of because of this, so today has been a waste basically. The only good thing that has come out of this is that I am now unstuck from 1.7.1 as that was simple to do.

Half tempted at this point to give up and return everything and pray OTA gets me all the updates, but who knows how long that will take. Been a rough day that is for sure :(

Thanks,

Ken~

battery-percent.png
Follow the steps in red in louibluey's post exactly. If that doesn't work, you need the let the car sit untouched for 8+ hours to allow the BMS to relearn the the correct SoC. Leave everything off, close all doors, and keep all the keys/PAAK 30' from the vehicle during this time to allow BMS relearn to complete. Don't open any door or disturb it in any way.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have had the car on charge for a good solid 3 hrs now. According to my battery charger it says 95% and 14.3volts. FDRS says the same voltage in the lower corner. However I was just alerted via the Android Widget that my LVB is low at 13Volts. How is this possible, do I not have a setting correct on the charger..? How long do I need to keep this thing on a charge?

The odd thing is if I open the car door to wake the car up the battery charger then shows 100% so not sure what to believe anymore. I have stopped running updates or lack there of because of this, so today has been a waste basically. The only good thing that has come out of this is that I am now unstuck from 1.7.1 as that was simple to do.

Half tempted at this point to give up and return everything and pray OTA gets me all the updates, but who knows how long that will take. Been a rough day that is for sure :(

Thanks,

Ken~

battery-percent.png
Congrats. You now know what the dealership techs have been going through. I bet it is frustrating. The difference is they waste a whole day and can't get paid for it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Follow the steps in red in louibluey's post exactly. If that doesn't work, you need the let the car sit untouched for 8+ hours to allow the BMS to relearn the the correct SoC. Leave everything off, close all doors, and keep all the keys/PAAK 30' from the vehicle during this time to allow BMS relearn to complete. Don't open any door or disturb it in any way.
You are kidding.....right?
(I sure hope so....)

OP
OP

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
So I kept the LVB on charge for 8ish hours and checked it this am and now it shows correct!!

So have a few more hours before I am heading out so going to try and at least get he Sync update done. Rest will have to wait now till I have an open weekend again :( So guess this was a $50 learning experience since I wasn't really able to update much. But I am unstuck still from 1.7.1 so there is that.

Thanks all for help thus far.

Ken~

LVB-SOC.png

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ken, I see from your first post, that you already did some updates successfully.

Whenever we have guidance from Ford (posted on the forum by one of the experts), use caution to update by carefully following the instructions. If you are up to 21G01, I would literally follow those instructions from start to finish.

Some FDRS updates either progress through several modules on their own, or they don't care what order they are done in, however, 21G01 was definitely difficult and did not work for many of us the first time through. Your best chance on those last updates to BlueCruise is to literally follow the instructions from step to step.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
You are kidding.....right?
(I sure hope so....)
Nope, it really takes the Ford BMS 8 hours at rest to sense the correct SoC of the 12V battery. Same thing on all Ford's vehicles. Good Ford techs know to respect the BMS and hook things up correctly.

If you don't read and follow directions carefully it will cost you time and money. Some of the dealers have been learning that the hard way.
Sponsored