Feature Suggestion: 1PD Perfect Stop

tcomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium E4X
Country flag
I love my MachE. I’ve had it for a few weeks now and love driving it. I had a feature suggestion/idea that could basically just be a software update that would make my driving experience nicer:

What if there was a way to smooth stop with the perfect gap distance in traffic at lights when you are in one pedal drive mode?

I find myself learning the right amount of power to slow to a smooth and complete stop at the light behind a car or other traffic without touching the brakes. Sometimes, I miss a bit and find myself having to step on the brake to more abruptly stop so I’m not going to hit the car in front of me. It would be really awesome if the car could just auto-detect that I want to come to a complete stop and space to the car in front of me and just smoothly stop it at the same distance every time.

Maybe I’m crazy and that wouldn’t be useful to everyone…thoughts?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
How would the car auto detect that you want to come to a complete stop? o_O

OP
OP

tcomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium E4X
Country flag
How would the car auto detect that you want to come to a complete stop? o_O
You’re going a slower speed already, it has a sensor already that tells you there’s a car in front of it, and you have your foot completely off the accelerator pedal - I would guess.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You’re going a slower speed already, it has a sensor already that tells you there’s a car in front of it, and you have your foot completely off the accelerator pedal - I would guess.
Because you wouldn't do that if the light had changed green, and the car in front of you hadn't started moving yet, but probably would?

If you're using Cruise, it will already come to a complete stop. No new capability is needed.

OP
OP

tcomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium E4X
Country flag
I’m not using cruise normally in city traffic between lights. It would basically be taking that part of the cruise feature and letting your enable it in city driving.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I’m not using cruise normally in city traffic between lights. It would basically be taking that part of the cruise feature and letting your enable it in city driving.
Maybe you should use cruise then.

It does what you’re asking.