Few Issues - Any Solutions?

chuyqwerty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I have a 2021 AWD Standard Range Premium (Job 2) that has a few quirks. I was hoping to see if others have had similar issues and if there are any fixes.
  • Issue 1: Center display black
This is the first issue I have had since I have owned the car (since late January). It still happens to me now. Basically, half the time that I start the car, the center screen is just black. I have to reset the screen by holding down volume down + next track buttons on steering wheel. It may take more than one reset, but the screen always comes up.​
This issue happens whether I remote start the car or not, hot or cold weather, you name it. It happens about half the time I turn the car on. If I do not reset the screen, I can still interact with the screen. If I touch somewhere I hear that it is "clicking" something, so everything is functioning, but the screen is just black. Yesterday, I removed the fuse in position 17 (SYNC) under the glovebox to see if fuse looked damaged, but it looks perfectly fine.​
  • Issue 2: Drive Mode Not Available
I usually drive using "Unbridled" and 1-Pedal Mode. When it is 90°F or higher, I noticed that after driving for 10 minutes or so, it gives me an error on the center display that says "Drive Mode Not Available" and it sets the car to what seems to be the normal "Engaged" mode. It will stay like this for my entire drive. Usually I will be driving home from work and I put it in my garage when I get home. The next day, "Unbridled" works again when I drive to work in the morning, but if it is 90°F+ when I get off work, then I will get the "Drive Mode Not Available" error again.​
  • Issue 3: Vehicle does not charge to 100%
This is a rather new issue for me that just started this week. I always just charge at home using the 240v Ford Mobile Charger in my garage. Whenever I charge it, I charge the car to 100%. I do not have any schedule settings or anything like that. I noticed one time when I charged the car, the car would charge to 94% and it would stop charging. Then the next time, it charged to 96% and stopped charging. So it would get close to being done, and just stop before reaching 100%.​
Sometimes the app would say there was a Charge Fault error, sometimes it would not say that. The Ford Mobile Charger is working fine. The light is blue on the charger, the pigtail is pushed all the way in. My work around to this problem has been to turn the car on and then turn it back off. After doing this, the car will charge to 100%. Since it resumes to charge after turning the car on then off, I'm pretty sure there is no issue with the Ford Mobile Charger.​
Some observations: When it stops charging, on the app when I click on the charge details, the "Resume Charging" button is greyed out. When I go to the car, the little round light indicator is solid white. Normally when it is charging the light is blue with a blinking portion. The light just stays solid white when I unplug it and plug it back in.​
Has anyone had any similar issues as above? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have about 7k miles on this car and I do love the car, but I just hope the issues that I have do not get worse and I would love to get them resolved.

Thank you.
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I am not as familiar with the updates available for Job 2s, but you'll want to figure out what's available for your car from FDRS. There is another thread where someone can run your VIN and tell you what's listed in FDRS.

Problems have been reported about the Ford Mobile charger, but those were slow charge problems, not stopping short of the max.

Is there a reason you always charge to 100%?
Manual suggests 90% for max charge, unless your are preparing for an immediate road trip.

bs1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Eng/M&A
Country flag
I have a premium SR job 2 and have not experienced any of the issues you have, although I have only charged to 100% once or twice before road trips.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have a 2021 AWD Standard Range Premium (Job 2) that has a few quirks. I was hoping to see if others have had similar issues and if there are any fixes.
  • Issue 1: Center display black
This is the first issue I have had since I have owned the car (since late January). It still happens to me now. Basically, half the time that I start the car, the center screen is just black. I have to reset the screen by holding down volume down + next track buttons on steering wheel. It may take more than one reset, but the screen always comes up.​
This issue happens whether I remote start the car or not, hot or cold weather, you name it. It happens about half the time I turn the car on. If I do not reset the screen, I can still interact with the screen. If I touch somewhere I hear that it is "clicking" something, so everything is functioning, but the screen is just black. Yesterday, I removed the fuse in position 17 (SYNC) under the glovebox to see if fuse looked damaged, but it looks perfectly fine.​
  • Issue 2: Drive Mode Not Available
I usually drive using "Unbridled" and 1-Pedal Mode. When it is 90°F or higher, I noticed that after driving for 10 minutes or so, it gives me an error on the center display that says "Drive Mode Not Available" and it sets the car to what seems to be the normal "Engaged" mode. It will stay like this for my entire drive. Usually I will be driving home from work and I put it in my garage when I get home. The next day, "Unbridled" works again when I drive to work in the morning, but if it is 90°F+ when I get off work, then I will get the "Drive Mode Not Available" error again.​
This is a rather new issue for me that just started this week. I always just charge at home using the 240v Ford Mobile Charger in my garage. Whenever I charge it, I charge the car to 100%. I do not have any schedule settings or anything like that. I noticed one time when I charged the car, the car would charge to 94% and it would stop charging. Then the next time, it charged to 96% and stopped charging. So it would get close to being done, and just stop before reaching 100%.​
Sometimes the app would say there was a Charge Fault error, sometimes it would not say that. The Ford Mobile Charger is working fine. The light is blue on the charger, the pigtail is pushed all the way in. My work around to this problem has been to turn the car on and then turn it back off. After doing this, the car will charge to 100%. Since it resumes to charge after turning the car on then off, I'm pretty sure there is no issue with the Ford Mobile Charger.​
Some observations: When it stops charging, on the app when I click on the charge details, the "Resume Charging" button is greyed out. When I go to the car, the little round light indicator is solid white. Normally when it is charging the light is blue with a blinking portion. The light just stays solid white when I unplug it and plug it back in.​
Has anyone had any similar issues as above? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have about 7k miles on this car and I do love the car, but I just hope the issues that I have do not get worse and I would love to get them resolved.

Thank you.
Hi there. These concerns don’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP

chuyqwerty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hi there. These concerns don’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Thank you so much. I sent you a message with the information.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I have a Select SR AWD Job 2 and have had none of those issues.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
This is a rather new issue for me that just started this week. I always just charge at home using the 240v Ford Mobile Charger in my garage. Whenever I charge it, I charge the car to 100%.​
Unless you need the range, say the start of a long road trip, I would suggest you consider changing this. Charging to 100% ages the battery faster and decreases the efficiency of regenerative braking, at least until you've burned through a few electrons.

Earlier this year, or late last year, Ford started recommending charging to 90% SOC, I think it had been 80% prior to this, but I wasn't paying careful enough attention during the days the FE crew dominated the board to recall the exact number. I use an 85% SOC terminus because of those FE threads.

OP
OP

chuyqwerty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I am not as familiar with the updates available for Job 2s, but you'll want to figure out what's available for your car from FDRS. There is another thread where someone can run your VIN and tell you what's listed in FDRS.

Problems have been reported about the Ford Mobile charger, but those were slow charge problems, not stopping short of the max.

Is there a reason you always charge to 100%?
Manual suggests 90% for max charge, unless your are preparing for an immediate road trip.
Don't these batteries already have built in cushion? So charging to 100% isn't really like you are using 100% of the battery. Will charging to 90% really add significant battery longevity? But I will start charging to 90% from now on, just in case. I just wanted to test the actual range of my car since Chicago weather is finally consistent.
Sponsored