Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Not that it was a nice day for a drive, but I was looking for excuses to put some miles on the car and getting to meet some fellow Forum members was a great reason. @ChasingCoral @BK2EV it was nice meeting both of you. I am up to 180 miles on the Mach-E and it is fun.
The license plate doesn’t look bad on the front.
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Man Rocket Frog is in my neck of the woods. I would have come had a beer with you guys, even though I don’t have a Mach E yet. That’s awesome. Glad you got some time to drive it around

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Saw my first Mach E in the wild yesterday. Don’t want to give the exact location but a Grabber Blue in between Berryville and Winchester in VA parked outside and covered in snow. Cool to see them out and about.

Rafgar

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE
Country flag
Saw my first Mach E in the wild yesterday. Don’t want to give the exact location but a Grabber Blue in between Berryville and Winchester in VA parked outside and covered in snow. Cool to see them out and about.
Mine was out and about yesterday during the storm. But, I stayed around Fairfax. I had to take my dog to the vet (nothing serious) and run some errands. I am very happy with the way the Mach-E handles the bad weather. I've had several vehicles with AWD. Some with snow tires and some without. The Mach-E on the stock all-season tires does very well in the conditions that we have had this past week.

poweryogagirl

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 Edition
Country flag
Picked up my California Route 1 from Ourisman in Alexandria, VA on the 12th. We now live in Virginia Beach so drove it home and got lots of looks! Ordered it in Nov. 2019 so it's been a long wait.

Having some challenges for sure but the biggest was that I could not connect to the FordPass Charging Network. Spent more than two hours on the phone with Ford on Weds and was back at the dealer. No one had an answer. I had to pay to charge at an EVGo station to get home in the ice on Thursday. Still no answer from Ford but based on some messages I've seen in this thread, I tried again today, and it worked! Crazy that no one at Ford thought to tell me to wait a few days and try again.

Other than that and some minor error messages that keep displaying and going away, we love it!

Ford Mustang Mach-E First in the Mid-Atlantic? IMG_1209

Last edited:

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Picked up my California Route 1 from Ourisman in Alexandria, VA on the 12th. We now live in Virginia Beach so drove it home and got lots of looks! Ordered it in Nov. 2019 so it's been a long wait.

Having some challenges for sure but the biggest was that I could not connect to the FordPass Charging Network. Spent more than two hours on the phone with Ford on Weds and was back at the dealer. No one had an answer. I had to pay to charge at an EVGo station to get home in the ice on Thursday. Still no answer from Ford but based on some messages I've seen in this thread, I tried again today, and it worked! Crazy that no one at Ford thought to tell me to wait a few days and try again.

Other than that and some minor error messages that keep displaying and going away, we love it!

Ford Mustang Mach-E First in the Mid-Atlantic? IMG_1209
Congrats on your vehicle! Ourisman Ford Alexandria is also my dealership, how would you say the Dealership Delivery experience was for you? Did they seem to be aware of all the incentives or give you any sort of troubles?

I've seen some horror stories on this forum about certain dealerships so curious to learn of any feedback about my particular dealer!

Also someone's also started a thread specifically about dealership delivery satisfaction (https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-delivery-dealer-satisfaction-reports.3751/) feel free to put any feedback there as well!

poweryogagirl

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 Edition
Country flag
Congrats on your vehicle! Ourisman Ford Alexandria is also my dealership, how would you say the Dealership Delivery experience was for you? Did they seem to be aware of all the incentives or give you any sort of troubles?

I've seen some horror stories on this forum about certain dealerships so curious to learn of any feedback about my particular dealer!

Also someone's also started a thread specifically about dealership delivery satisfaction (https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-delivery-dealer-satisfaction-reports.3751/) feel free to put any feedback there as well!
The dealer has been fabulous but they are almost as in the dark as we are! I have been updating him of challenges as they come up, and they are keeping a list. When I couldn't connect to the network to charge they offered to reimburse me for what I had to pay.

However they forgot to credit me the $500 deposit, and I didn't notice until we got home to Virginia Beach (we lived in Arlington when we ordered the car 15 months ago), so I'm still waiting for that money.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
The dealer has been fabulous but they are almost as in the dark as we are! I have been updating him of challenges as they come up, and they are keeping a list. When I couldn't connect to the network to charge they offered to reimburse me for what I had to pay.

However they forgot to credit me the $500 deposit, and I didn't notice until we got home to Virginia Beach (we lived in Arlington when we ordered the car 15 months ago), so I'm still waiting for that money.
Thanks for your feedback! Good to know they are on top of things and keeping a list of known issues. I was there over the weekend to test drive the demo unit they received and the dealership itself definitely seemed to have a good vibe to it. Happy I went with them!

I'll also be sure to make sure my dealer deposit is included as credit, but I feel like by the time I take delivery (build week 5/3) those types of common transaction issues should been worked out via earlier orders such as yourself!

OP
OP

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag

I had to tackle the $500 deposit with my dealer as well - it is not captured in the final price of the car, and my dealer said that it will show back as a refund to your credit card...I picked my car up on Feb 11 and they just refunded my $500 on Feb 22 after calling them about it...no big deal, but it is something to pay attention to.

The dealer said that is how it works across new car reservations - so not specific to MME...whatever.

Duffy

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Software Company
Country flag
Thanks for your feedback! Good to know they are on top of things and keeping a list of known issues. I was there over the weekend to test drive the demo unit they received and the dealership itself definitely seemed to have a good vibe to it. Happy I went with them!

I'll also be sure to make sure my dealer deposit is included as credit, but I feel like by the time I take delivery (build week 5/3) those types of common transaction issues should been worked out via earlier orders such as yourself!
Ourisman is my dealer too!

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
My dealer in Elkton MD said I may be the first to get a MME from them. Guess it will be a learning experience for both of us ?

Reactions: Nav

Duffy

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Software Company
Country flag
Ourisman is my dealer too!
Last week I got an e-mail from Ourisman Ford saying they had recieved a dealer MME for test drives, so I I set up an appointment yesterday morning at 9am to take one for a spin. My factory order has been part of the delayed batch down in Mexico and the anticipation has been almost too much to bear. I got there before they opened and was on the road right at 9. They gave me the keys and told me to keep it to ~15-20 minutes so I took a quick jaunt down the GW Parkway where I could open her up. I have to say, the ride was AMAZING!

When I got back my salesperson and the sales manager were waiting with news. The night prior, a MME Premium AWD had come off the truck... it had not even been prepped yet, and did I want to take it for a spin also? I took it for a similar drive, and to cut to the chase...2 hours later, Black Betty was home with me in my driveway!

At some point once the delays clear out, Ourisman will have a Space White California Route 1 for sale cause I already got mine!

IMG-0160.JPG

IMG-0161.JPG

Rafgar

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE
Country flag
Last week I got an e-mail from Ourisman Ford saying they had recieved a dealer MME for test drives, so I I set up an appointment yesterday morning at 9am to take one for a spin. My factory order has been part of the delayed batch down in Mexico and the anticipation has been almost too much to bear. I got there before they opened and was on the road right at 9. They gave me the keys and told me to keep it to ~15-20 minutes so I took a quick jaunt down the GW Parkway where I could open her up. I have to say, the ride was AMAZING!

When I got back my salesperson and the sales manager were waiting with news. The night prior, a MME Premium AWD had come off the truck... it had not even been prepped yet, and did I want to take it for a spin also? I took it for a similar drive, and to cut to the chase...2 hours later, Black Betty was home with me in my driveway!

At some point once the delays clear out, Ourisman will have a Space White California Route 1 for sale cause I already got mine!

Ford Mustang Mach-E First in the Mid-Atlantic? IMG-0161.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E First in the Mid-Atlantic? IMG-0161.JPG
Nice story and congratulations. I am a bit surprised that you went from a white car to black car, but knowing how much fun they are to drive it makes sense to take one now vs waiting an indefinite period.

DadofSteve

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Flex LTD, 66 Impala SS, 59 Electra 225, Mach E
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Well guys, I cut to the front of the line. My dealer called last night with an offer. Said he had a blue Premium available for immediate delivery. Went to look and jumped on it. My white with black interior is to be built week of May 17. So I bought the blue with white interior for the same price this morning. So far, so great! Love it. Good luck Everyone!
Sponsored