Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, 2022 F350, 2017 F150, 2001 F250, 11 DTS
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Added up all the bills and after an almost 2600 mile trip from Mn to San Antonio and using $3.80/gal gas it looks like it would equal just over 50 mpg average on our 21 GTPE and that included some free charging. I imagine that isn't terrible once you consider that it is a performance rig and it's hard not to use it every now and then. If I would have had a long enough extension cord and charged the whole trip from home it would have been about 158 mpg without any free charging. What I gather from this is the commercial charging stations are not cheap and we made an effort to stay away from the spendier ones. Maybe this changes when there gets to be more of them, just wondering. Once we got away from the cold weather our range went up significantly and as we left the frost-heaved roads in our area the ride was very tolerable so the divorce papers never got used. With a little modification was able to drive totally hands-free for probably 95% of the miles, just what a lazy old fart needs.
Sponsored

Stella

First Name
Gurpal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Maxh E4X Premium
Country flag
Added up all the bills and after an almost 2600 mile trip from Mn to San Antonio and using $3.80/gal gas it looks like it would equal just over 50 mpg average on our 21 GTPE and that included some free charging. I imagine that isn't terrible once you consider that it is a performance rig and it's hard not to use it every now and then. If I would have had a long enough extension cord and charged the whole trip from home it would have been about 158 mpg without any free charging. What I gather from this is the commercial charging stations are not cheap and we made an effort to stay away from the spendier ones. Maybe this changes when there gets to be more of them, just wondering. Once we got away from the cold weather our range went up significantly and as we left the frost-heaved roads in our area the ride was very tolerable so the divorce papers never got used. With a little modification was able to drive totally hands-free for probably 95% of the miles, just what a lazy old fart needs.
Speaking of cold weather. First 115 mile trip with 80 degrees temp since we got car. 115 miles with 33% battery consumption. Rough math says car can do 300 plus miles on full charge.