Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, , Subaru Imprez
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Always amazing when you guys go nuts to have a new model, even more so with a totally new technology, and then don't understand software and hardware issues. Most cars are better in the second year of production. Remember the 68 Corvette? Not to mention better deals.
Best of luck though, it does look like the majority of the Mach-Es are doing fine.
Sponsored

OP
OP

frank.herbst

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, , Subaru Imprez
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
And it's always amusing when a human being fails utterly to apprehend human nature.

Thanks for the good wishes ;)
You are right. When growing up I would ask my Dad "what were they thinking?". He would say "what makes you think they were thinking".
The deal with buyers being really set back when a new car comes out keeps going on. I waited for several model years before buying my GT350. Still had a minor problem. Sold it back to Ford and got a 2019. It's been great.
Plan on getting an electric car. Just don't know when. A friend told me not to wait for technology to level off or I'll never get one. Sounds about right, very hard to know how much batteries will improve even in the short run.
Have a good one.

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
In general, this is why it doesn't bother me that my order is not coming for another six months. Software dev cycles these days are every 2-3 weeks. There will be significant improvements by then. In terms of manufacturing under a Kaizen approach, there will be improvements by then to the cars build as well.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Always amazing when you guys go nuts to have a new model, even more so with a totally new technology, and then don't understand software and hardware issues. Most cars are better in the second year of production. Remember the 68 Corvette? Not to mention better deals.
Best of luck though, it does look like the majority of the Mach-Es are doing fine.
Ok.
Sponsored