OP
nixietube

nixietube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - Red
Country flag
Anyone planning on a hard wired dash cam? I paid an aftermarket company nearby to permanently hard wire install a Blackvue cam in my Bolt and it's great. But I'm not mechanically inclined like that so I'd have to pay them to pull it out of the Bolt and install into the Mach-E so not sure if I'll go that route but if anyone has a dash cam they've installed with hard wires/permanent power that's working well I'd love to know.
Probably time intensive but just need to find a connection to the battery that supplie 5v (or step down 12v to 5v using a voltage regulator). Yeah, you should get a pro to do it, though the car is so new they might have trouble.

I want to get my dash cam in but the wiring to the center console is going to look so ugly...
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'm in San Jose - can you point me towards the Morgan Hill seller?

What's legal for front tint in CA?
https://www.tinting-laws.com/califo...n-reflective tint is,Any darkness can be used.

https://windowtintlaws.us/california/

The trick will be just what is the Mach-e classified as for vehicle inspection purposes (in states with those and during traffic stops for those without).

Different state but similar rules, I'll be going as dark as I can get away with in Hawaii and still not trigger a safety inspection failure.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
No front tint is legal in Ca. There is a visually clear ceramic front tint you can get which blocks much of the heat transmission, but I expect if I ever get stopped I'll get a fix-it ticket for front tint of any darkness.

The company used to be in Sunnyvale, not sure if they have the pattern for the ME yet, but they are usually pretty quick to produce one when contacted: https://www.heatshieldstore.com/

I'm in San Jose - can you point me towards the Morgan Hill seller?

What's legal for front tint in CA?

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
i ordered it online from Ford Parts

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
No front tint is legal in Ca. There is a visually clear ceramic front tint you can get which blocks much of the heat transmission, but I expect if I ever get stopped I'll get a fix-it ticket for front tint of any darkness.

The company used to be in Sunnyvale, not sure if they have the pattern for the ME yet, but they are usually pretty quick to produce one when contacted: https://www.heatshieldstore.com/
I was thinking of thhe clear one too

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
So I finally got my Mach-E this week and gotta say I love it so far.
IMG_3431.PNG

While I definitely have a LOT less money to burn in my pocket, I'm looking to see what I should be getting to make my overall experience better.

First was some floor mats. I went with Motor Trend 923 that are modular and can be cut to fit. I'll report back with how that goes.

Someone on here had mentioned a blind spot mirror? The warning system is great but I have to agree that the mirrors are teeny tiny (especially compared to my previous truck).

I very much miss the seat cooling in my old Mustang coupe - any good options for this. I tend to run hot and hate having a sweaty back on long trips.

Can anyone recommend a well fitting trunk organizer for grocery outings? If you can pick up and carry the contents after arriving at your destination that's a huge bonus.

What's the first thing you buy for your new car? What am I missing?
Out of curiosity, how did those cargo and floor mats work out for you? Was debating between the Costco WeatherTech cargo mat vs the Motor Trend 923 ones

OP
OP
nixietube

nixietube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - Red
Country flag
Took a while to cut them to size and they don't fit 100% perfectly but its close enough. The trunk one better than front ones. For the price and quality I think it was a good compromise (until the mats specifically for the car show up).

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Nice list so far. Other things; screen protector and sun shade. I imagine these will start showing up soon enough.

The key fob is super cheap feeling so glad the price is cheap too. The mustang coupe has a much nicer key but if I remember correctly they wanted like $200 for a new one.
Got a great fitting sunshade from Heatshield. Got a perfect fit rear carpeted mat from Lloyd. I think the carpet in the back looks cheap so I upgraded w the Lloyd mat. Love it. They cannot get permission from Ford for a logo on it yet, they say maybe in a few months. Got a nice towel cover for the driver seat so I don't trash it after a work out. Looks custom.
Sponsored