Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
So my rear “lift gate” is not working. The settings are ON. I took it to the dealer to fix while they were doing a recall. They kept the car for 2-3 weeks while doing that work. During that time they claimed to have ordered the part for lift gate and repair. That part didn’t work so they gave the car back and ordered the “next step in the solution”. I gave the car back for 2 days and it was said to be working, but it was not.
Now the dealer claims that the lift gate in the 2022 GT/HP was never a foot swipe and that they can’t fix it.
Does anyone have experience with this? Does anyone have a 2022 HP that works with the foot swipe and open the rear hatch?

seems crazy to me.
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mgmken

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
And yet Ford tried to fix it twice before relaying that to me.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
The settings are ON.
Can you provide a scene shot of the settings that are on? As the General said, it was disabled in the 2022 cars, so there shouldn't be a setting to turn on hands-free liftgate. That said, also as the General said, it can be enabled, but only if your car was built with the needed module. My Feb '22-built 2022 GT has the needed module and I enabled it using Forscan. It works fine...........ish.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Don’t bother. It only works when your hands are NOT FULL! Then it locks the driver’s door right as you reach for the button. Then it silently chuckles.
Sponsored