Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Exactly correct. That's how it was explained by the Director of Icons (forget his name) in an interview the night of the reveal. You will not have to have individual accounts for EA, EVgo, chargepoint, etc.
Sponsored

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Can you distinguish your comments re: which one are you talking about? The one that comes with the car or the one that will be available for purchase?

The link in the OP shows a wall mounted one that definitely does not go with the car (er by "go with the car" I mean travel with the car--man even "go with the car" is ambiguous! LOL).
Both of them are designed to spec with the vehicle so they’re a bit more tailor-fit in the fine details and are tested to the same specs, but the vehicle accepts and J1772 evse’s

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
How does it compare on price to Clipper Creek or Juice Box? That's the biggest issue. Most important charging features are handled by the car anyway,
So I can’t give out the pricing info, but I would definitely wait to see the pricing before you buy one of the 3rd party options. The connected station also integrates with the vehicle app a lot better than any 3rd party.

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Hey @1pt21Gigawatts do you happen to have more details on the vehicle’s onboard charger? Do you know if the US-spec version will support 3-phase charging? Like 3x16amps.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
So I can’t give out the pricing info, but I would definitely wait to see the pricing before you buy one of the 3rd party options. The connected station also integrates with the vehicle app a lot better than any 3rd party.
That is the question I keep waiting to be asked and answered. I assume with the ford charger you will have better integration with ford pass. Will it matter when it comes to conditioning the car in winter or summer ahead of driving whether it is a ford charger or not? Or timing when to charge etc?

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
That is the question I keep waiting to be asked and answered. I assume with the ford charger you will have better integration with ford pass. Will it matter when it comes to conditioning the car in winter or summer ahead of driving whether it is a ford charger or not? Or timing when to charge etc?
I think that the end of the video electrek published has a bit of a view of what the app is going to look like: https://electrek.co/2020/01/16/ford-mustang-mach-es-sequential-turn-signals-spotted-live/

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Not really, I just do charging stations. I’m pretty separate from all the fun vehicle stuff.
I really hope the EV team at Ford understands that putting charging stations in places people want to go and along routes to get there is vital to sales and adoption.

Tesla seemed to understand that and is self-funding the Supercharger and destination charger network.
Ford Europe seems to understand that and is part of the Ionity consortium.

Will Ford pony up to buy into an existing DCFC provider to encourage adoption?
Will Ford get destination (240V) chargers at places where they'll be needed; boat launches, campgrounds, etc?

Diesel

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, VW jetta tdi
Country flag

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So I can’t really comment on plans to expand the DC network or the nature of the relationship with Electrify America, but the NA DC network is expanding reaaaalllly rapidly, with 800 sites by Dec. 2021 compared to around 158 sites today.

https://media.electrifyamerica.com/en-us/releases/82

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/0...ricas-plan-to-simplify-electric-car-charging/
Thanks!

I've been keeping a running tally on the expansion of EA the past few weeks. Their plans are more focused on in-fill during Cycle 2 of their plan rather than route expansion.

Date mm/dd, yy - live; in progress
Jan 10, 2020 - 384; 81
Jan 14, 2020 - 386; 79
Jan 17, 2020 - 387; 79
Jan 22, 2020 - 389; 77
Jan 25, 2020 - 390; 76
Jan 29, 2020 - 391; 82
Feb 1, 2020 - 398; 77
Sponsored