joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach-e, bronco
Occupation
retired
Country flag
chapter 2.4 warning protect each charge station with its own line circuit breaker and rccd ( which I believe is a gfci )
chapter 5.2 has a notice do not install a gfci
chapter 10 commissioning report that the correct rccb and rcd are being used.
can anyone explain what they are looking for.
thanks in advance
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Install it to a dedicated circuit. Meaning, no other appliances are sharing the same circuit breaker in the panel.

Not sure about the rccb/rcd concerns, but do not install a GFCI device with the Ford Connected Charge Station. It provides its own protection and its built in ground fault testing may cause nuisance trips at other GFCI devices along its circuit.

OP
OP

pino

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach-e, bronco
Occupation
retired
Country flag
thanks for the responses, what concerns me about the rccb statement in the manual is that the electrical inspector may red tag the job until the rccb statment can be clarified

OP
OP

pino

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach-e, bronco
Occupation
retired
Country flag
thanks for the responses, what concerns me about the rccb statement in the manual is that the electrical inspector may red tag the job until the rccb statment can be clarified

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Here is the paragraph you're referring to.

Ford Mustang Mach-E ford connected 48a charger Screenshot_20230624-073330

I don't think it will be an issue, especially if you're using a 60 amp circuit breaker that's listed as compatible with your load center.

If it comes up, explain that the "correct" breaker is one that does not perform ground fault checking since section 5.2 says not to use one.

Do inspectors in your area verify against the manufacturer's installation checklist or against local code requirements?
Sponsored