camdenlake

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 f350 CCD 7.3, GT500, Gen1 Raptor, 2021 MME R1
Country flag
Ours keeps hot air coming out of ducts on the dash at 120 degrees when it was -10F
Thank you. What was travel speed and for how long? This all effects heating in testing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
shadowchan454

shadowchan454

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Prem AWD ER
Country flag
I'm going to keep pinging this until a fix is issued. Lets keep the conversation going!

@Ford of Canada @Ford Motor Company Your customer care rep said this to me the other day.
Hi Nikki I apologize for the delay in my response and thank you for your patience.

I understand the frustration that comes from being told there is no fix for your brand new vehicle when the heat is not operating properly in extremely cold temperatures. Regrettably the technicians at Ford Dealerships and the field engineers are our eyes and ears. We rely on them, and Ford of Canada fully supports their ability to diagnose and repair any defects with your vehicle.

I am sure the dealership has already mentioned this but in the owner’s manual, page 285 under “Driving Hints” it does state that “The functional operation of some components and systems can be affected at temperatures below approximately -13°F (-25°C).”
Thanks but no thanks! I shouldn't have to suffer driving an $80,000 vehicle in -30c weather.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I'm going to keep pinging this until a fix is issued. Lets keep the conversatile going.

Thanks but no thanks! I shouldn't have to suffer driving an $80,000 vehicle in -30c weather.
In the interest of keeping the conversation going, at what price would the suffering be acceptable? Just curious.

OP
OP
shadowchan454

shadowchan454

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Prem AWD ER
Country flag
In the interest of keeping the conversation going, at what price would the suffering be acceptable? Just curious.
In all honesty if this was a 98 honda accord it STILL wouldn't be acceptable to suffer with no heat.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I'm going to keep pinging this until a fix is issued. Lets keep the conversation going!

@Ford of Canada @Ford Motor Company Your customer care rep said this to me the other day.

Yeah if it’s colder than -25°C they’re going to say the heat will be limited. It’s just a design characteristic.

OP
OP
shadowchan454

shadowchan454

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Prem AWD ER
Country flag
Yeah if it’s colder than -25°C they’re going to say the heat will be limited. It’s just a design characteristic.
I'd categorize that more as a design flaw than a characteristic sadly.

Womps

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E & 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Super
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Let me choose what I want, range or heat. If I have lots of charge to get me to my destination let me rob some range to keep a warm cabin. Surely it can’t be that hard.

OP
OP
shadowchan454

shadowchan454

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Prem AWD ER
Country flag
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Let me choose what I want, range or heat. If I have lots of charge to get me to my destination let me rob some range to keep a warm cabin. Surely it can’t be that hard.
I'd agree with you, but once the battery gets too cold it ceases to function. It is literally self preserving itself.

Johnny572

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT performance
Country flag
Hi all,

Trying to get a baseline of information for those in the colder areas of the world as I have an open customer care case with Ford Canada and my vehicle is still trying to be diagnosed at the dealership. Tech helpline is trying to flag a plugged heater core but I'm disagreeing with this.

-12c to -15c I get lukewarm/tepid heat when on max defrost setting only.
-16c and colder I get ice cold air on any setting leaving the vehicle partially undriveable as the interior fogs up.

They allowed me to take a new MME identical to mine home to test it as they keep getting customers in for this issue, this one was built in October 2022, Mine was built in March 2022. Same situation even with preconditioning and plugging it in.

I was told by the dealership that everyone that experiences these issues should make a customer care case as they provide you with a free rental, and if they cant find another EV for you to drive they reimburse your fuel spent. Just save the receipts and submit to your customer care rep.

*EDIT: I totally forgot to state the recall/HVAC update was done on my vehicle. They did it twice to no avail.
Untitled.png

Let me know your experiences!

EDIT 2:
Tough luck for me and everyone else with this issue.

My shop foreman just reached out saying the field service Engineer said, in shorter terms, "too bad." That this is how the vehicle is supposed to work. Even after the supposed recall that I was told only slowed down the coolant in the system so it heated up more.

The shop foreman said the FSE is entertaining suggestions from techs on fixes for this as they are as stumped as we all are.

This is a design flaw. Through and through. This is not able to be mended by a software update. And to suggest lowering my fan speed and praying my front windshield doesn't fog up is not a fix.

I will be reaching out to Transport Canada on this and I implore others to do so as well. This recall did not fix the issue.

EDIT 3:

I've made my Transport Canada claim. They want to come out when the FSE comes to look at my car but I doubt the FSE will actually make the trip as its now warm out for a bit.

Anyone who has these issues, whether driving on the highway or not should be making a TC claim to note it. Fords recall did not fix it. They should not be getting away with this, especially if they knowingly installed a subpar heating system for cold climates.
-30c isn’t normal….it’s not. Why buy an EV or any EV in these conditions is the question. Canada recalled Tesla for this same reason.
I’m in Michigan and it never gets that cold but cold enough for me!!!!
Saying the heat in the car sucks…..maybe for -30c but for me it’s fine…..0f is the worst it get here and it works like normal…..wish you luck in that cold weather!

OP
OP
shadowchan454

shadowchan454

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Prem AWD ER
Country flag
-30c isn’t normal….it’s not. Why buy an EV or any EV in these conditions is the question. Canada recalled Tesla for this same reason.
I’m in Michigan and it never gets that cold but cold enough for me!!!!
Saying the heat in the car sucks…..maybe for -30c but for me it’s fine…..0f is the worst it get here and it works like normal…..wish you luck in that cold weather!
But they tested these vehicles to work in frigid climates right?

OP
OP
shadowchan454

shadowchan454

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Prem AWD ER
Country flag
Michigan is frigid and it works fine. So Yes, but -30c is crazy frigid….no question about that😜
In this video the vehicles were tested to -40F. -30c is only -22F. SO I'd have to disagree!