John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
So is 3.19.1 now safe, or should I continue to stay on the old version? I am assuming Apple Watch functionality is still missing?
Sponsored

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium 4X, Focus Electric
Country flag
Go to App Store app. Click on your user icon, look for "Recently Updated," find Ford app and it will describe which version you have in the name. BTW - I'm at 3.19.1.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So is 3.19.1 now safe, or should I continue to stay on the old version? I am assuming Apple Watch functionality is still missing?
Definitely better than 3.19.0.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It's fine as long as you don't use the Apple Watch functionality. If you do, don't update.
I use shortcuts on my watch for that stuff - start/lock/unlock. But is there any compelling reason TO upgrade? Any new feature or bug fix that makes it better?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I use shortcuts on my watch for that stuff - start/lock/unlock. But is there any compelling reason TO upgrade? Any new feature or bug fix that makes it better?
It adds the ability to precondition with departure times even when the car isn't plugged in. Not sure if there are other features that are new.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Not sure how tech-y you are, but you can get FordPass integrated with some smart home stuff manually if you wanted/needed.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Not sure how tech-y you are, but you can get FordPass integrated with some smart home stuff manually if you wanted/needed.
I have already integrated it with Siri Shortcuts (I found a Reddit post on how to do it). While we have some Alexa Devices, not sure I want to do that, but will explore it. We have one HomePod, and I am thinking about replacing the Alexa devices with Apple HomePod minis. I am tech-y enough to be dangerous. I have a LOT of smart home devices and lights.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I have already integrated it with Siri Shortcuts (I found a Reddit post on how to do it). While we have some Alexa Devices, not sure I want to do that, but will explore it. We have one HomePod, and I am thinking about replacing the Alexa devices with Apple HomePod minis. I am tech-y enough to be dangerous. I have a LOT of smart home devices and lights.
Have you looked into Home Assistant? Takes some learning and time to setup, but well worth it if you have a lot of IoT in your home. Makes combining multiple platforms much easier, especially if they don't have integrations between the two by default.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Where are the directions to use Siri Shortcuts with FordPass? This sounds useful.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Have you looked into Home Assistant? Takes some learning and time to setup, but well worth it if you have a lot of IoT in your home. Makes combining multiple platforms much easier, especially if they don't have integrations between the two by default.
Is this what you are talking about? I may look into it.
https://www.home-assistant.io

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Is this what you are talking about? I may look into it.
https://www.home-assistant.io
That's it! I'm slowly moving away from Smartthings as my main home automation platform to HA. Very powerful.

There's a FordPass custom integration, though it's still not ready for prime-time, especially with the Mach-E yet.

I have BMW integration for my i3 that works really well though.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
That's it! I'm slowly moving away from Smartthings as my main home automation platform to HA. Very powerful.

There's a FordPass custom integration, though it's still not ready for prime-time, especially with the Mach-E yet.

I have BMW integration for my i3 that works really well though.
the biggest thing to know about HA in my opinion (I run it myself and have for almost a year) is that if you want voice assistant integration with Alexa or Google Home, you either do some janky stuff (*) or pay $5 a month to the company that shepherds development to host what's basically a reverse proxy - which I do and I'm fine with since it helps fund ongoing work.

for Siri I bet you could use the HomeKit integration that's available but I honestly don't know enough about that ecosystem... I only have the HomeKit stuff installed because I thought I needed it to talk to my thermostat before realizing SmartThings could do it (and HA can directly proxy to SmartThings).

here's a partial view of what my dashboard looks like (I have spent zero time customizing it, just using the automatic default):
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Pass Version 3.19.0 1618434395798

(*) publish your HA to the outside world and set up dynamic DNS... I don't feel comfortable directly publishing anything from my network to the outside so that's out.
Sponsored