Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
People are chastised for opening new threads on a topic that's already been talked about. They are told they should use the search function. Then when someone uses the search function and finds an existing thread they catch crap for that too. It's no-win.
I think you miss the point. Usually, one makes the comment about a necro-post when a dormant post is resurrected that doesn’t add any significant or new information. I don’t want to ding the necro-poster, but they found a year old post on a topic that had been resolved - hence the comment (with appropriate animated GIF). Had the poster said something like “hey, I’m still having this problem and it looks like they fixed it some time ago (even better if they used a thread with the fix)”, then it wouldn’t have been a “necrosis-post” ?
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
It's the difference between bringing up a year-old thread (especially just for saying "I hope it's fixed soon") and bringing up topics that have been discussed (often, ad nauseum) very recently. It's just part of message board etiquette that people aren't aware of, I guess.
To be fair - there’s a lot of etiquette I’m not aware of and am called out on. My advise would be to just laugh at it and move on.