harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Had the update for 12v battery issue but surprise this morning i had dead battery. Hopefully that little bug is not back, not sure why battery would be dead though.
The app. say they should arrive by 8pm? WTF So i call they say 1 hour they will be there. hour and half pass. nothing. Call for update they say 35 minutes and send a txt for 35 minutes. 45 min pass tried calling direct to provider, would ring and lady answer phone say please hold, after 5 min would ring again and she would answer and say please hold. This happened several times so figured they are not going to answer. Call Ford back after waiting on hold the provider will be here in another hour. Just got a text they will be here in an hour. I have had to call 4x due to dead battery and every time it is over 4 hours before they arrive.
I have called triple which i have to do every time due to road side not showing up in timely manner. Seems Triple A has already called back to let me know they are on the ticket will be 60-90 min. The only time i get update from Ford is when i call. After i get a text telling me what ever the Ford rep told me. I am glad i have triple a but should not have to call them when i need help.
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Sorry to hear this. However, you should know, both AAA and Ford really only match you to local tow companies - there are no AAA and Ford branded tow trucks out there in the world.

Often times, if you were to call AAA, Ford, and other automakers that offer this service, they would ultimately dispatch the very same company to reach you.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Sorry to hear this. However, you should know, both AAA and Ford really only match you to local tow companies - there are no AAA and Ford branded tow trucks out there in the world.

Often times, if you were to call AAA, Ford, and other automakers that offer this service, they would ultimately dispatch the very same company to reach you.
Agreed.

I've had good luck the two times I've had to use Ford Roadside Assistance for my 12V battery issue.

ahg

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E 4x 2014 Accord V6
Occupation
retired
Country flag

IIRC I have seen AAA tow trucks with no one elses name on them.

• Wow
Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
milepost1

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag

I do know they use local tow companies. But triple a seems to find one that shows up in hour or so. Fords seems to not show up for hours. I would suggest they find a different company to use

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
The peace of mind of AAA is worth its minimal expense to me. Plus, since the Mach-E isn't our only car, it extends the free towing to our other car as well!

Bjbjustin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
Ford assistance is like Orbitz/Travelocity/etc. ...except they don't follow up with the company you book with.
Same experience but on our F150 - sat on the freeway for 3 hrs in the middle of summer in LA, meanwhile I'm calling back and forth to coordinate tow companies and why they're not on site...Sherriff stopped by 2x to ask what's up. Granted, the tow company shit the bed, but you'd think Ford would at least align with marginally competent service providers...hopefully. Still not mad at Ford, but it'd be really helpful if they had some skin in the game.
Sponsored