Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Nope. My maps have been fine though.

Somewhat unrelated to BlueCruise, Connected Navigation is broken on my car but I'll be shocked if they extend that subscription for me since they don't know how they broke it or how to fix it. 😔

OP
OP
bigredx86

bigredx86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach-E Premium STD AWD
Country flag
Ugh, that stinks, maybe a master reset?

Big thing I noticed with Blue Cruise was areas that said it should be “hands free” on the ford site weren’t always. I just chucked it up to bad advertising as lane keep, and self centering all worked without issues, so I didn’t think anything of it.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ugh, that stinks, maybe a master reset?

Big thing I noticed with Blue Cruise was areas that said it should be “hands free” on the ford site weren’t always. I just chucked it up to bad advertising as lane keep, and self centering all worked without issues, so I didn’t think anything of it.
I've tried roughly 3-4 master resets at this point... Also fuse pulls, option toggles, etc, etc. Many reports sent in to Ford, via dealer, in-vehicle menus, phone calls, emails, and contacts with a certain super helpful and all around awesome individual here on the forum.

I probably need to bring the vehicle back in to have the APIM reflashed again, but because of how it went the first time, I'm disinclined to do that until Ford starts responding to my emails and calls, and demonstrates that they can work with a dealer to not repeat exactly the same mistake (relating to Early Access Program tokens) so I can avoid further disappointment and wasting more of my time.

ANYWAY.... Sorry for ranting.

I've found the online BlueCruise maps to be highly accurate. When you're finding that it doesn't always activate hands free mode where you're expecting, it could be due to factors beyond the map data. For example, when it's hard for you to see the lane lines due to driving into the setting sun, for instance, it's also more difficult for the vehicle to confidently read the lines. Hands free may intermittently enable in those conditions.

Since lane centering (with hands on wheel) requires you to keep your hands on the wheel, it may still function even when the vehicle's reading of lane lines is slightly impaired. Hands-free lane centering requires a higher level of confidence since you will take longer to regain control of the wheel once you (or the vehicle) determines that it's necessary.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
So let's see, BC is $600/3 yrs, which works out to $16.67/month. So the ever so generous Ford is giving those inconvenienced a whopping $33.33 worth of subscription. Dang that's generous./s

Dadams

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E GT-SOLD, 22 Sorento PHEV, 23 MachE GT RR
Country flag
So let's see, BC is $600/3 yrs, which works out to $16.67/month. So the ever so generous Ford is giving those inconvenienced a whopping $33.33 worth of subscription. Dang that's generous./s
In my opinion, Ford did not need to do anything. $33.33 may be not be a lot to you, but multiply that times 1000's of cars. Would you be willing to cover it? They are in it to make a profit after all. Just saying. Kudos to them for giving something, even if insignificant to you.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've tried roughly 3-4 master resets at this point... Also fuse pulls, option toggles, etc, etc. Many reports sent in to Ford, via dealer, in-vehicle menus, phone calls, emails, and contacts with a certain super helpful and all around awesome individual here on the forum.

I probably need to bring the vehicle back in to have the APIM reflashed again, but because of how it went the first time, I'm disinclined to do that until Ford starts responding to my emails and calls, and demonstrates that they can work with a dealer to not repeat exactly the same mistake (relating to Early Access Program tokens) so I can avoid further disappointment and wasting more of my time.

ANYWAY.... Sorry for ranting.

I've found the online BlueCruise maps to be highly accurate. When you're finding that it doesn't always activate hands free mode where you're expecting, it could be due to factors beyond the map data. For example, when it's hard for you to see the lane lines due to driving into the setting sun, for instance, it's also more difficult for the vehicle to confidently read the lines. Hands free may intermittently enable in those conditions.

Since lane centering (with hands on wheel) requires you to keep your hands on the wheel, it may still function even when the vehicle's reading of lane lines is slightly impaired. Hands-free lane centering requires a higher level of confidence since you will take longer to regain control of the wheel once you (or the vehicle) determines that it's necessary.
Accurate? We live in PA and the maps for our rural trips have been miserable compared to Google. Missed turn offs that added miles, turns on divided roads and complete failure on exits closest to our destination. Glad someone has good success with Ford maps.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Accurate? We live in PA and the maps for our rural trips have been miserable compared to Google. Missed turn offs that added miles, turns on divided roads and complete failure on exits closest to our destination. Glad someone has good success with Ford maps.
I was referring to the BlueCruise hands-free road data, not the navigation routing which is an entirely different thing.

Until my connected navigation stopped working, I found the nav routing to be quite good. But routing with Google Maps is excellent.
Sponsored